Author Topic: Round 3 of BMCC Club Championships at Harrisville  (Read 7307 times)

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: Round 3 of BMCC Club Championships at Harrisville
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 10:27:31 am »
Hey Vandy great shots, mainline has to be happy with that one  :D ;D :D ;D
keep smiling :)
Jackie Mac
yeah, he can be a hard man to please sometimes :D
by the Lad i take it you mean Brett.
keep us posted for sure.
"flat bickie"

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 01:27:00 pm »
It was a great track for the chairs as well though I had to take notes to remeber all the corners-felt like I was a navigator again and we needed some pace notes :D :D
Hittatree had a refound youth when we got his little thumper Wasp going and with a bit more reliability he will mix it up with the other singles I bet.
Lama rode very well in only his second event and managed to show a clean pair of heels to Pink Bits no worries. (Though how he changes gears in heels is beyond me).
Plenty of interest from passers-by with one chap telling me he once had a Wasp copy with a Maico 400 square barrel in it but it had passed on when swapping something or other some years back and he now had no idea of its whereabouts/damn-another one lost!!
If all that are interested get their stuff together we will have a full field of sidecars by Xmas and the solos will be pushed back to support statis. ;)

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 03:32:18 pm »
had a ball! best wishes to Brett, I'm sure a good time was had by all who attended

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 08:58:15 pm »
Brett was in good spirits  :)  until he found out that he may not be let out until tomorrow >:(

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 06:44:42 pm »
just got bretts trailer and bikes back to his shed so he can inspect the damage. brett will upload a photo of the broken front brake plate soon. my other half(lisa) has a crack in her lower tail bone. will be fine with a little tlc. thankyou jackie and gary for looking after bretts trailer and all those who help in packing there stuff up.
heres to seeing them both back on the track soon  :)
My fastest lap is the first one :)

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 07:03:25 pm »
just got bretts trailer and bikes back to his shed so he can inspect the damage. brett will upload a photo of the broken front brake plate soon. my other half(lisa) has a crack in her lower tail bone. will be fine with a little tlc. thankyou jackie and gary for looking after bretts trailer and all those who help in packing there stuff up.
So there is another Maico front brake ( I presume) that has dropped the bolt and smashed the rider. Was he on his 250 evo Maico?
Lisa cracked a tail bone? Bum-mer!!
Get well soon to both.

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 08:40:19 pm »
yes, the front stay where it bolts in the backing plate has broken away from the bolt.
brett will post some pics when he is up to it.
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 08:43:59 pm »

Good thing about vmx ,everyone bands together to assist in packing up and then they have too back off ,cause there are too many helpers  ;D ..great stuff.  8)
Pain in the ass for Lisa..ouch- long time heal'm..I believe those donut cushions are the go..or go horizontal for a few weeks..best wish's.
West Oz
Best is in the West !!

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 10:56:05 am »
sorry to hear about Lisa, still can't believe she got back on the bike 8), Hope you heal real soon Lisa, take care of yourself.
It won't be any fun for Janice out on Bretts Pre 75 440 Maico without Lisa you know;D :D

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline maico67

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 04:32:10 pm »
Thanks to all at Harrisville on the weekend ,sorry I held you all up.
Also thanks to those who phoned and emailed me,its an absolute pleasure
to be part of a club and sport that i enjoy so much, that has a group of people
that are so friendly and caring and an all round bunch of great people,and to Jackie
and Gary and Lisa and Brian,thanks for getting my trailer home for me.
Lisa.......hope the bum gets well real quick !
For those of you who ride Maicos,my advice to you is spend the money to get
one of those twin bolt billet aluminium front brake backing plates,I have posted 2
pictures of my broken one on the Ning my pictures page.

Offline 49

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 05:13:47 pm »
Hope All get well soon :)
Same thing happen to me my Maico MC490 brake arm bolt broke when i grapped some front brake it spat me over the handle bars and smashed me into the track. Smashed up my left wrist and head butted the ground breaking my full face helmet giving me a black eye. The bike landed on top and back wheel proceeded to burn through my armour and into my back. Bing carby must of been jetted right as it did not miss a beat running flat out in 3rd. The sweet smell of burning flesh and rubber! Until someone pulled it of me.
Spent 8 days in hospital had to get skin graft to my back and wrist had to be wired up , 6mths later just getting back on and racing again still have nerve damage in little fingers.

Everyone should replace the old cast alloy backing plate with new Billet one as this has happen to quite a few people with different painful injuries. They are availible fro Maico Only or from Les at Manly Maico cost for them is cheaper than the lost of income from being layed up off work.
Hope Brett and Lisa get better real quick .

Cheers
Col49

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 10:07:50 pm »
Maico...breako...
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.