Author Topic: Rickman clutch choices  (Read 3993 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Rickman clutch choices
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:57:01 PM »
Need a slightly more compact primary set up for the Ricky, I am thinking Enfield inner and outer primary with Norton clutch and Triumph out put sprocket. Anyone done this.

formerly Marc.com

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Rickman clutch choices
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 07:01:52 PM »
The Moto-X Fox sticker on the tank is just perfect!!

The purists will be lining up for your hide… be careful!!  ;D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 07:34:59 PM »
The Moto-X Fox sticker on the tank is just perfect!!

The purists will be lining up for your hide… be careful!!  ;D

I was looking about for a Metal Melisha sticker but couldn't find one. If you were a real man you would ride this bike all day in shorts./
formerly Marc.com

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 03:09:30 PM »
Mark dont forget your red band gum boots with the shorts.Will you be at C/D or still in sushi land?
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 09:53:10 AM »
Mark dont forget your red band gum boots with the shorts.Will you be at C/D or still in sushi land?

No still in land of rice and raw fish, timing was bad for my day job. Just bought a couple of road bikes so have to break them down and stow them.
formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 09:03:07 AM »
real man you would ride this bike all day in shorts./

Ok here's a Rickman thread  ;)   ;D
Did you get the clutch sorted and wear shorts like real man all day riding.?  ;D
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 02:06:27 PM »

Ok here's a Rickman thread  ;)   ;D
Did you get the clutch sorted and wear shorts like real man all day riding.?  ;D
cheers Alison
[/quote]

Had to start my own Rickman thread Alison, the Ricky is still in bits like most of my bikes, but it is one of those bikes that looks just as good in pieces.  ;D
formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »
Had to start my own Rickman thread Alison, the Ricky is still in bits like most of my bikes, but it is one of those bikes that looks just as good in pieces.  ;D

True- dressed or undressed they do look the goods  8) The metal (chrome moly steel?) just does it all the time for me and you spot the old British a mile off.

Hope the  Rickman bike snobs don't read Firko's comment ,and to think he'll be maybe hanging out with Hunky Spunky Rick Sieman soon.  ;)   ::)   :D
Quote:I'm a bit over the usual colours Rickmans come in so my upcoming Maico Metisse will be yellow.
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 05:57:37 PM »

Quote:I'm a bit over the usual colours Rickmans come in so my upcoming Maico Metisse will be yellow.
cheers Alison
[/quote]

Yeah i will probably leave mine black with maybe silver GT stripe, and I will ditch the Fox Stickers  ;D

Maico Mitesse, is that a MC490 frame with a T120 motor in it ???
formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 06:17:57 PM »
Maico Mitesse, is that a MC490 frame with a T120 motor in it ???

Got me there. :) I quoted Firko, you'll have to ask him about his Yellow Peril(good stuff)  ;D I do believe its pre 65 ,so that's always a double bonus (hope I'm right  :-X:P
cheers Alison
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 06:21:47 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 09:48:53 PM »
Got me there.  I quoted Firko, you'll have to ask him about his Yellow Peril(good stuff)   I do believe its pre 65 ,so that's always a double bonus (hope I'm right  )  cheers Alison
You haven't been paying attention Alison  ::). I've got a thread going somewhere describing the bike. It's too late in the evening to go looking for it now. :-*
Basically the bike consists of a Rickman Zundapp frame, Maico 250 square barrel engine and custom made Mk3 Metisse bodywork. Unfortunately I have to go with the newest major component to settle which division it goes in so the 1971 Rickman Micro Metisse frame puts the bike firmly in pre '75. I don't particularly care though as the bike is destined to be of more a Classic Dirt fun bike and engineering exercise than a serious racer.