Author Topic: Special Team Award at Harrow  (Read 1092 times)

TT

Special Team Award at Harrow
« on: June 24, 2010, 07:31:12 pm »
I'd like to encourage more people to go the extra mile and turn up to the Harrow Vinduro in period gear, so I'm offering a team prize for what I consider to be the best presented 3 man team.
Best Presented means period accessories, riding gear, even tow vehicles, casual clothes and the music you play. The team that recreates the best 'feel' for the period of their bikes will get a trophy each and a mounted print of each rider in action.
Good luck!  ;D

TT

Re: Special Team Award at Harrow
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 08:44:51 am »
P.S. don't think you have to turn up in purple flares etc to win anything. It's simply and encouragement award for those that do the best they can to be period correct.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 07:02:31 pm »
You've started the new revolution Tony T 
 ""How to encourage people to attend events """
quote from South Africa forum :

BP- Yamaha Shirt

Sinisalo pants

Bell Moto 3 /  Bell open face with goggle stoneguard combo

Fox chest protector

(Army boots if you didn't have riding boots)

'83-'84 IT 200
Castrol R40 drinking glasses (empty 500 mls cut open at the top)

CCR and AC/DC blaring out from your 19 voetsek Mazda B 1600 column shift bakkie.

2-3 floozies on back of said jaloppy in hotpants, big hair and even bigger ear rings (leg warmers optional)

Above tunes courtesy of Pioneer GM 120 Component system, tunes on magnetic tape.

Strange "veldfire" like smells hanging around general area. 
Best is in the West !!

TT

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 08:34:23 pm »
Not so sure about the 80's stuff........... that's just weird............  :-\ Lucky I never had big hair and tight acid wash jeans.........  :D

Seriously, I don't mind what era you're into, I'd just love to see a few more people recreating the style of their chosen era and embracing the 'Classic' or 'Vintage' part of the sport's name as much as the 'Motocross' or 'Enduro' part.
I personally reckon that's what any historic racing should be all about. Not bolting modern components like fat pipes on pre 75's etc.