Author Topic: Did we solve the dt1 dilema with the rod vs piston ? i cant find that thread  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Previous discussion thread Might have been on the old forum but i cant find it, does any one remember what was the final call on the Dt piston/barrel/rod story ?? i remeber it was a surprise in the end when everyone measure it all up in the version/option available.

i just got a DT1 piston port baesll that seesm to be decked a touch maybe 5mm, bored to suit a 214 piston port piston, and then fitted it onto a dt1250 bottom end which has a 311 rod.

And you guessed it, its all a bad combination mystery.    ::)

the piston actually sits low in the barell and is below the ports by about 5mm ( i actually though it would be higher by 5 mm ( as it looks decked). when assembled up, if you turn it over the bottom of the piston skirt locks onto the crank web top.

So my questions are :

Did we say that the 214 and the 311 Rods where the same total lenght ?

Did we say the 214 non window pistons came in 2 differant heights in the pin placements/skirts ?

can anyone remember what the YEs parts were so i can work onward from there.  cheers :-*

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 11:11:57 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Is this thread any good?

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=10930.0

ive been searching

YZ DT rod
YZ DT conrod
BB importers
Bikes and bits importers

try those search terms.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Throw it in the bin Kerry ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
214 rod = 130mm ctc
311 rod = 125mm ctc

Zedder is wrong

Here's the thread

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=4405.15
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:01:43 am by JC »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Kool 125vs 130 mm thats where its going pear shaped then, the 311 can be used with the reed piston, but it strikes out on the Piston port as the gudeon is lower as well, so com pounds to like 10mm.

Ill have to swap out to a 214 bottom end or rebuild this one with a normal 214 crank. Vandy sent some pics from the orginal thread that was done last year so its all making sence again.  thanks guys for looking and the feedback.

5mm .....pfft who would have thought it would make that much differance .  ::)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 01:08:33 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Zedder is wrong

Great quote.

Zedder is a great tool, but not always right.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.