Author Topic: Just watching the TT on One HD. HOw fast are these guys on the streets  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
They are going mental speeds through the streets, this was the best thing on Tele last year and this year is shaping up the same.  Side cars are on now.   Nothing more awesome that a bike at full noise and you can hear the rev pick up a little notch as the back liten up

turn it on - all this week i think !!! ;D ;D
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
So fast the on-boards look speeded up. I can remember when the late Steve Hislop cracked a 120mph lap average and everybody said "surely they can't go any faster?" well see where you end up if you got a 120mph lap in the Senior TT this year.

GUY MARTIN 2008
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
THE bit where they pass the people standing at there front gate blows me, not only are they routed if they go offline ( your dead)  :-X but what if the people wandered too close to the edge, or MR Fluffykins, there cat decides to walk out on the front porch.   

It blows me away we have so many rules and safety and tree huggin, DB crying, fluro saftey not before 10am starts, with your tracks unsafe, without 15 air fences levy,cry babies and yet this Race is the Epitimy of on the edge,

the promoters obviously have enough clowt and enough balls to say get F#$%*ked this is how we are going to be racing on this circiut.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 03:18:20 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
I think if someone really tried to get the TT stopped they wouldn't last long, too much history involved & TT week is the major money maker for the island
I take my hat off to the nutters that ride there & would love to make it there to see it first hand one day

Offline ksiderek

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
I saw my first TT at 4 months old! It's an amazing place on race week. The atmosphere is brilliant. There aren't any speed limits outside the towns which can be interesting. The police can't nick you for speeding but they can for "riding furiously" as I found out on a Bimota in 1980. How the hell these people ride at 130 between dry stone walls is beyond me. No run offs or gravel traps, just pain if you get it wrong. You can feel the ground shake as they ride past.

TT

Of all road racing, this is the coolest in my opinion.
I'd love to get there one day.
Would have been even better 30 years ago, I reckon. Eh, ksiderek?  ;)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
ON again TONIGHT !!!!!
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline ksiderek

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
I was there in 78 when Mike Hailwood won the senior on a Ducati. To be away from racing for 11 years and come back to a place like the IOM, and win has to be one of all time great wins. I was really p****d off in 80 when I got a ticket. I was born in Douglas and all my family are from the IOM. Including my uncle who was chief counstable on the island back then, miserable b*****d.  

TT

Great times to have seen first hand, eh?

I just watched an interview with Guy Martin. I think he must have O.D.'d on Red Bull!!  :D I didn't understand a word he said.  :P

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
I cuuny understand a ward yo takin a booot........ (tony t)
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nzq2GorVH4

"I'm minus a spleen now...I don't need that anyway...I think we'll just give that to the dogs or something"

And they say Mt Panorama is too dangerous for bikes  ???