Author Topic: VAPOUR BLASTING IN SYDNEY  (Read 1263 times)

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
VAPOUR BLASTING IN SYDNEY
« on: June 23, 2010, 12:27:01 pm »

OK - This is free plug time but hopefully some may find it useful to know, especially people in Sydney.

At EXTREME expense to the management (me, lol) I have set up a vapour blaster that is the bees knees when it comes to removing years of old oxide and crappy paint from non ferrous metals and leaves behind a really nice fine, lustrous finish that id far superior to bead blasting. The machine will blast ferrous items too but it is water based so the steel or iron will go off almost straight after it is taken out of the cabinet (I have done some jobs on tanks and side panels but don't recommend it)

For those of you out there that aren't familiar with what vapour blasting is, put it is simply glass beads suspended in a water stream (along with additives as required) directed in a high volume, moderate pressure at the work being cleaned. It doesn't damage the surface like dry blasting (whether bead or angular), nor does it pose as much as a threat to oil galleries and other pockets where conventional dry blast media can impact and build up but I stress that holes and galleries should still be plugged or taped over. The finish is much cleaner and greasy finger marks can be easily cleaned off without leaving any residue unlike dry finishes. Due to the milder abrasive action dimensional stability is maintained too where dry bead can enlarge bearing bores etc.

Vapour blasting is also far more effective than soda blasting which, while good, usually leaves some oxide behind.

The blaster has a capacity of 105cms x 105cms x 80cms so can handle most jobs with ease.

I work on a one week turn around as a rule and doubt you will be disappointed as being a restorer myself I understand what bike restorers are after (except getting everything for free, lol) and will blast pretty much anything so long as it has been well degreased and crud free.

I am happy to have parts dropped off at my place after hours if required and am also more than happy to have items sent by either Aussie Post or courier as I am in the process of organising couriers to help country and interstate customers. My number is 0416074750 or email [email protected]

If anyone wants to check on the quality of my work ask Firko as I did the head and barrel for his Cheney Yammy just prior to CD7

Cheers

Dave Mac  :)
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted