Author Topic: ISO 1984 TV Footage of Monza Park Ballarat :- Long shot i know  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
back in 84' (or 1985 possibly) i turned on the tv in Melbourne and caught some brief footage of a meeting at Monza Park Ballarat, the race was B Grade all powers and a good mate of mine was leading on a CR500RE ( went on to take the win i think to). this was probably one of his last races as not long after he had a bad accident on the triple set of jumps 3 corners after the start straight of Traralgon and cracked a vertebrae in his neck and passed out in a small coma  and spent a few weeks in hospital with bad concussion. thus ending his racing and riding days forever.

anyway , long story but i was his best man and he mine ( some best man , didn't talk me out of the contract on my life  ;)) and i would love to get a copy of this race if anyone happened to copy it all those years ago.

i cannot remember any other details except what i have mentioned. anyone know the TV station in Ballarat at the time? Ross/Gator?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: ISO 1984 TV Footage of Monza Park Ballarat :- Long shot i know
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 07:52:11 pm »
Yes Hoony, it was BTV6. Now WinTV

Regards Stan.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 07:57:09 pm by Stan S »