Author Topic: New RM  (Read 1121 times)

Offline crabO

• Novice
    • View Profile
New RM
« on: December 31, 2010, 09:26:15 pm »
Recently bought a new RM to go with my 250T. An actual new one 2011 RM 450. By the way if you havent tried the latest generation of injected bikes you should. Never has so much power been so easy to use. But here is the strangest thing. Strip down a 2011 RM and straight away you notice design similarities to the 1980 version. You know the crappy pressed steel bracket behind the triple clamps mounting the black box ? - Bingo, 31 years later same thing. How about a little rubber strap with 2 steel loops for the back of the tank ? - SNAP
And all those odd 10mm/8mm/12mm/14mm different bolts? - yup, still doing it. Do you think its possible that somewhere in the motoX design department the same engineers are still at it ?

monaro308

Re: New RM
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:15:54 pm »
Maybe someone is still being punished as i am surprised of the amount of parts still available for our old weapons.

DR

Re: New RM
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 11:45:06 pm »
Congrats and I concur crabO. I had a good ride on 2010 RMZ450 and an KXF250 and I loved every second on each. The 450 was animal when you opened it up but also very easy to ride at walking pace if that's what was needed. It also had some engine enhancements :P and, I believe it's had more since :o although I really can't see the need you can never have enough of a good thing and that it was! ;D the old bikes are nice but so are the new bikes ;)