Author Topic: Have your say  (Read 7570 times)

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Have your say
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 11:11:48 pm »
[email protected]     [email protected]    [email protected]   [email protected]    [email protected]   [email protected]
 I can't find contacts for the Historic Committees. Our Commissioners are Dave Tanner [Chair] & Shane Fraser.There is a new appointee but I don't know his name.
  Just a recommendation--if you agree with the "proposal" in principal and feel like writing to your state body,keep it brief and simple.Two much detail and argument can be counterproductive.We are passionate about our sport,but we are dealing with a beaurocracy which has many other wider issues.I think the KISS principal is the go.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 12:29:41 am »
Freaky, SA either dosnt have a committee or needs one or if they have one they dont care. Suggest you contact MSA and see if you need to form one to make sure that the SA population has their say. Goes for everyone, I know QLD has a committee with active VMX membership but dont know what the other states have. It dosnt take a lot of effort (I did the QLD one for 12 years).

can i be my own committee ? and who do i need to speak to ? ivan
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 07:37:32 am »
New committee member is  Rod Mac Donald  Victoria if need his contact number Pm me Freaky you if one steps down, but at this stage no. Form a sub- committee within MSA. for vintage.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:41:00 am by DAVID#46 »

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 08:49:53 am »
We should perhaps take into account how the fields looked back in the day. There were never too many older bikes running as I reacall as everyone was madly out buying the new model as it hit the wharf (and sometimes even before). However if we were to stick to that we probably wouldn't get a field of like racers at one meeting.
Except in the sidecars of course.

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 10:09:13 am »
Dave are you going to the MQ meeting on the 12th I think it is?Will there be any discussion of this topic at that meeting?We really need to get behind a proposal as a club and then inform MQ of our decision and bring Wayne Skyring on board if I'm reading you right.I will find you at CD7 to talk (and have a drink).

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 12:43:58 pm »
Can  l add some light to this and l may be able to understand this issue a little clearer. I understand about committee, sub-committee with MA and the commision.
 Its the cut dates  with models and races, classes.

National meeting Number one -------Each split will cater. first is pre 78, pre75, pre70, pre65. plus age classes

National meeting number two--------the next will cater pre 90, pre 85, pre80. classes, and age classes
or are these classes going to change.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 01:38:56 pm »
New committee member is  Rod Mac Donald  Victoria if need his contact number Pm me Freaky you if one steps down, but at this stage no. Form a sub- committee within MSA. for vintage.

Dave how does that help me im in SA.

can i start my own commitee here, then send you proxies for it ?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 01:40:57 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 02:56:16 pm »
Freaky, You need to start a sub-committee for vintage motocross with MSA, normally you need 10 people on that committee, now the sub-committee for vintage that you have created answers to the  MA Australia, MSA. the local clubs are governed by MSA.Your sub- committee HELPS and guides the local clubs in the right direction when holding a vintage meeting. ( lets say for example a club in SA would like to make a rule change to suit themselves, they need to submit in writing their request to the sub-committee ( which is you) then your committee will need to disguss it at your level, and if you cannot solve this issue move it on to the 3 man commision to be confirmed. and deside) ( Freaky Do you understand )

So the host club ( like the Levis Club) that wishes to hold a national race meeting will need to submit there document to the sub-committee you forward them along to MSA for approval and they will submit them to MA Australia for approval then the paper trial will come back to the Sub-would like to host next year National vintage meeting, or just normal club level meeting, and pay there dues.  (Note: Its the clubs that host meetings not the sub-committee, this is the reason that clubs in different location have dwindled over the years.

In my day of racing 1972  l raced at these towns, colac,geelong, warnambool, heywood, mortlake, Narracourt, Keith, Ararat, Great western,Stewall, Ballarat, Mount Gambier, they are just a few examples to show that clubs in area hold race meetings. but time has changed l know, but we need to get back to that. I hope that l have been helpfull. cheers

Just remember a host club, sub-committee or even a member must submitted there request for any concerns or changes to the 3 man commision, the 3 man commision cannot change anything, if they make changes, it must be in the best interest of the sport, without a letter of request, issue will not be looked at. I love this sport as much as you do, but it needs a lot of thought and we the members need to support the classes that are put in place and the race meetings and clubs that wish to host these meetings.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:20:10 pm by DAVID#46 »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 03:08:43 pm »
Port Pirie MCC
What happening with this club  ??? ,,do they have the facility's etc to run the all in Nats
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 03:10:06 pm »
Wasp, l hope they do form with good interest and reasoning, but do it with out Alcohol .

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 09:38:29 pm »
Pardon my ignorance, but will this also apply to dirttrack, If its accross the board-then it would seem stocks have just gone up on F models in yammies and Rz in cr's??
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 10:02:56 pm »
Port Pirie MCC
What happening with this club  ??? ,,do they have the facility's etc to run the all in Nats
cheers A

YEs they could.  they have enough feet on the ground and better infurstructure then Acusa park and levis club easily.  IF in doubt you could rope in the iron triangle and northern side counrty clubs like gawler etc too.   THose guys ,and  maybe mud and tars at DT would be about the only clubs with the soldiers to put up a NAt event.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:05:48 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 10:27:57 pm »
Funny you mentioned it David , there is a few of SA VMX people with vision getting together next weekend  to talk about that and see what can be done . Lets see where it takes from there.

Great stuff -the Port Pirie contact is Guy Walsh 08 86323298.

Port Pirie MCC
cheers A

YEs they could.  they have enough feet on the ground and better infurstructure then Acusa park and levis club easily.  IF in doubt you could rope in the iron triangle and northern side counrty clubs like gawler etc too.   THose guys ,and  maybe mud and tars at DT would be about the only clubs with the soldiers to put up a NAt event.

Thanks Freaky,have contacted the Keyneton Club this was the reply.Can you try mudntar ?

Thanks for considering our Club for the upcoming Nationals.  Unfortunately, our Club does not own a track.  Therefore, it would be far too expensive for us to run this event.
I would suggest you try contacting someone from either the Port Pirie MCC or the Morgan MCC.  Both these clubs are in SA and own a motorcross track, all ready to go!!
Good luck! 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:37:37 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2010, 10:25:51 pm »
This is my apinion the way the national race classes should look like.
pre 77   eligible bikes 1976 models  to 73 model
pre 73                    1972 to 68 model
pre68                     1967 to 64 model
pre 64                    1963 to  60 model
pl;us    age group classes
scratch races for each class
sidcars

pre 90
pre 85
pre 80  to 77 model bikes,
plus age group classes
sidecars