Author Topic: Viper Round 2  (Read 2340 times)

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Viper Round 2
« on: April 28, 2010, 07:34:36 pm »
Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control the Barrabool track is unavailable for the round two date.
We are currently working at full steam to try and organise another track for the same date and will be able to confirm this on Tues 4th May.
All members will be emailed if the round is to go ahead at another location or cancelled completely.
I am putting this post on as a great deal of members email addresses dont seem to be upto date and keep bouncing
back .So if you are a Viper member please notify us of your new email address.

Andy Marshall
Viper committee
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
Re: Viper Round 2
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:42:14 pm »

We have a Committee Meeting Monday Night, 3rd May, will see if the we are able to assist.
We have a Practice Day pencilled in for this Sunday 2nd May, but our maintenance man says that he cant get around the track to do any work it's so wet, so may have to cancel, will find out more on Friday, I think we have been spoilt with all the good weather we have had so far, will keep you all posted.

Mrs Maico #54

All Things 414

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 07:53:49 pm »
Bad news re Barrabool  :'( but I could handle another round of Bluerock!  :)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 09:03:36 pm »
Bad news for sure .Kinda was expecting it though.
Any ideas on another venue?Theres alot of great gippsland centre tracks but I suppose we really need something in the west .

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 09:11:27 pm »
Bugger, i love "The Bool".

not to worry.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 10:08:46 am »
What's going down with Barrabool?  First the nationals this weekend get moved, now VIPER.  I was actually planning to go down there for a spin in the Moderns (if I ever get my jetting sorted).

I heard the issue may lie with council permits or something, but there doesn't seem to be much information around as to what the problem with Barrabool actually is.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 08:36:23 am »
The unspoken word is that we all may well have had our last ride at Barabool thanks to the "neighbors". Hopefully it's not true.
K

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 09:21:50 am »
not sounding good k
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 01:22:38 pm »
I took this off the Sporting website, this may shed some light on the subject

29th April 2010
McAdam Park Track Update

As most of you may be aware, McAdam Park has been closed while some work is done on the track to bring it up to standard so we can be re-issued with a track licence. The good news is that the majority of the work has been done, there is still some sections of the track and some jump faces that need to be widened as well as some fencing and corner marshall stations to be built. The bad news is we really need workers over the next couple of weeks to complete the final jobs. The MX Nationals are on at Broadford this weekend, the Western Region is on at Colac next weekend and the first round of the SMCC club champs is being held at an interclub meeting at Monza Park, Ballarat. All this means that there aren't going to be that many spare hands available for the next few weekends.

The club has a big pile of dirt that needs to be moved as part of the track works, if you are able to help out with earth moving equipment then please get in touch with Dave Koopman on 0418 519 988. We're also in need of old truck tyres to be used in constructing the marshall's stations, please let us know if you can get any.
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 03:49:56 pm »
That reads much better than what I've heard, albeit heresay. Hopefully it's just a glitch and things can get back on track soon.
K