Author Topic: So, how's the new website?  (Read 5573 times)

All Things 414

Re: So, how's the new website?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 04:48:47 pm »
I'd like to 'ball' some of the chicks that appear in the ads. Apart from that.....zzzzzzzzzzz :-\
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 04:50:33 pm by All Things 414 »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 02:35:49 pm »
Noted today --left hand top of page on http://ausvmx.ning.com donations via paypal can be made to keep the site up and running....................if ya don't use it,you may loose it  ;D

I'd like to 'ball' some of the chicks that appear in the ads. Apart from that.....zzzzzzzzzzz :-\
There is a MX Hotties page . Nice era looking girls with the Maicos, All Things 414.  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 03:23:26 pm »
I see your looking for some $$$ to keep "our" forum going. How much do you need mate? Jerry

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 03:38:46 pm »
I see your looking for some $$$ to keep "our" forum going. How much do you need mate? Jerry

I reckon Graeme wouldn't put a price on what to donate ...I put 30 on myself,I probably should put 3k since I never shut up  ;D   cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 03:47:59 pm »

I reckon Graeme wouldn't put a price on what to donate ...I put 30 on myself,I probably should put 3k since I never shut up  ;D   cheers Alison

Priceless, I rekon :D ;D ;D
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Curly3

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 07:33:55 pm »
I regard myself as a blow in having only been involved over approx the last 12 months but from where I sit this place is an invaluable source of info across a wide range of bikes and technical info.
All we need to do now is stop the character assassinations as most of the people on here don't know each  other personally and I like to take people how "IIII" find them. Imagine how boring it would be if we all agreed, a spirited debate is cool but keep it civilized.
You might all be surprised to know that there are a few people out there who think I'm a D'head, and thats just in my own family.
I'll certainly contribute to the cause, thanks Graeme.
Steve

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 07:54:57 pm »
Thanks y'all. Look, there is no 'set' amount to donate or even any expectation that you do. The site does cost me in time and effort and dollars (though not so much now) and any little bit does help with that.

One thing people might like to comment on is the classifieds. I have a free Ad section here on the forum, but on the Ning site I have a new marketplace system to replaxce the troublesome old Classies. Unfortunately the new one is hardly any better. I have now found another system that so far looks like it may be closer to what I want but there's a small cost to using it (for me). Would people place ads on it if I charged for adverts rather than leave it free as it is now? I don't know what'd be a fair thing, I thought maybe $5-10?

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 08:07:26 am »
In all honesty Graeme, I don't think many would pay and the ad will simply be put in the forum. Just out of curiosity, how many forum members have put there hand in their pocket to donate to keep this site going? Surprisingly quite a few? Or not many in relation to numbers registered?

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 09:13:55 am »
Yes, that's my feeling too. I've seen a few ad sites for vintage MX that charge and they don't work. As far as donations go, well... it's a trickle thing. When we have a bit of a thread like this one there's a spike and a few do, the rest of the time nothing much. Again though, I'm not trying to influence people into donating - the cost is not prohibitive for me. And it's my choice to do it. But rest assured, unless donations increase to the level I can start doing the overseas travel thing, anything I get just helps me cover the costs.

The main worry is that the Ning guys have decided that free is no good for their bottom line, so there is likely to be a fee for the sites I have set up on their platform. I will know more when they show their pricing model some time in the next week or two.

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 09:33:28 am »
I think you may be a bit shy in regards to asking. User pays. Marks (swap meet) site asks for a donation after you post a few ads. I think you should have a similar system asking every so many posts or something. Shit you are just trying to cover costs , heaven forbid to actually make any money for the time you invest so we can talk shit to each other! Don't be shy!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 01:23:58 pm »
I think we might have a collection box at CD7, good idea? or not.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.