Author Topic: Ebay Concourse  (Read 4663 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay Concourse
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 07:45:14 pm »
Tough room ::).

yer ! someone say something nice  :o   he/seller might be here in a minute   :o   ;D
Best is in the West !!

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 07:48:26 pm »
Yes very nice but here is a few things i spotted that i would fix if it was mine and had gone to all that trouble.
lever covers are new type. Originals has suzuki 'S' where that circle is
There are scratches/graze marks left on the magneto cover
Grips look like newer versions
If thats an allen head bolt in the rear muffler clamp then thats suspect aswell.

I am pretty sure that it has a "B' swing arm may be wrong?

TM BILL

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 07:59:35 pm »
At a 2nd look im sure its a B model  ??? B tank, B swinging arm, b shocks , b air box ??? :-\ for a concourse paint way to glossy, wrong grips,alloy too polished,no fork covers,wrong bars,lever covers, kill button,various fastners wrong,and a lot of pitting and scratches .
To adverise somthing as new is a big call.

It is a nice example though  :) im sure its a 77 b model though.

Im off back to the train station ;D

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:17:10 pm by TM BILL »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 08:13:08 pm »
Yeah, but look, other than those few things, it's a spot on resto, isn't it?  ::)

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 08:15:26 pm »
Yeah, but look, other than those few things, it's a spot on resto, isn't it?  ::)

I think so too,

#9-1

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 08:20:14 pm »
I am pretty sure that it has a "B' swing arm may be wrong?

Yeah i only had a quick look, so im sure there is more things not quite right. TM Bills done a good job there. Around 8 for me or close to 9 if it didnt have those B parts.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 08:23:35 pm »
its alos funny some of the photos are titled RMB?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 08:27:40 pm »
You put yourself up for ridicule in the form of picking the faults when you have a very clean bike that you say is concourse. Same as mint or perfect condition. Was just having a conversation with Davey crocket about the bike. There are blemishes and incorrect parts on the bike which means it isn't concourse. He has used the wrong word. Its an excellent bike in excellent condition. 8.5 out of 10 for me.

dave

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 09:00:57 pm »
Wow is all I can say. I don't care how f#^king non-concourse it is. It's a 9.5 for me. I do remember those things ripping around Amaroo Park and Dargle MX circuits in the late 70's and watching them in awe. Anthony Gunter at the Mr Motocross rounds......I even got to race at Amaroo later before it closed and do the ski jump down the main straight!!! Even got a 250cc holeshot.....live the dream lucky me

Thank you to all those guys keeping the dream alive.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 09:38:55 pm »
That bike has just been imported from the US and because the new owner didn't restore it i guess he doesn't know 100% what model parts are on it. He told me it's an A with some B parts on it.
Still a very nice 370 though.. 

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 09:58:27 pm »
It's a gorgeous bike, regardless of the few flaws.  Suzuki did it RIGHT back then.

If I had won Lotto, maybe, but I will be surprised if anybody places a bid.

Luke

firko

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 10:19:09 pm »
This is why I don't do 'concourse' restos any more. No matter how hard you try to get it right, there's always someone who'll find something you got wrong.
I thought I got my DT1 pretty right until I met the 'DT1 Trainspotter from Hell' who spent half an hour pointing out all the little things I'd got wrong....all itsy bitsy stuff like a wrong coloured grommet where the wiring goes into the headlight and using concave headed shock bolts instead of convex items. (Apparently they changed the bolts 600 or so bikes after mine was built, mid production run). I like building specials now where I can use whatever parts I want (within the rules, of course) to achieve the end result.

Not being very savvy on RM Suzukis, I would have given that bike a solid 9 points. Now the resident forum trainspotters have pointed out the bikes flaws I give it an 8. It's still a sweet resto on a damn fine model Suzuki, the first decent production motocrosser they made.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:21:18 pm by firko »

STW996

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 10:30:13 pm »
When I first looked at it my first thoughts were a lot of money, but the more I looked at it the more I thought fair price.

We could all have a pick at it but it is one very clean bike.

Drops a few points from John's news that the bloke selling it did no do the work ???

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 10:33:44 pm »
Nice Job. Not scoring as I am not over familiar with every bike made and if I like it great!, if I don't who really gives a flying f...  :D              
 Yep it is much safer to build you own "Concourse , Patina , Specials"           Ps I have the Legal rights to the name "HBS" * for my machines ;)              
 * HBS    "Home Built Special"    of course    Cheers Tim754

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:35:31 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 11:36:27 pm »
This is why I don't do 'concourse' restos any more. No matter how hard you try to get it right, there's always someone who'll find something you got wrong.
I thought I got my DT1 pretty right until I met the 'DT1 Trainspotter from Hell' who spent half an hour pointing out all the little things I'd got wrong....all itsy bitsy stuff like a wrong coloured grommet where the wiring goes into the headlight and using concave headed shock bolts instead of convex items. (Apparently they changed the bolts 600 or so bikes after mine was built, mid production run). I like building specials now where I can use whatever parts I want (within the rules, of course) to achieve the end result.

Not being very savvy on RM Suzukis, I would have given that bike a solid 9 points. Now the resident forum trainspotters have pointed out the bikes flaws I give it an 8. It's still a sweet resto on a damn fine model Suzuki, the first decent production motocrosser they made.

Your'e right Firko I have done one "Concourse" resto and it cost more than I would ever like to admit,and hundreds of hours... Never Again!