Author Topic: metisse stuff arrives!  (Read 3094 times)

firko

metisse stuff arrives!
« on: March 24, 2010, 10:56:41 pm »
Here's my new custom made Mk3 style bodywork made specifically to fit the Mk4 Micro Metisse frame of my under construction Maico Metisse. Not too shabby eh?

I also just scored this Rickman Montesa frame that'll also get similar bodywork (I hate Mk4 Metisse bodywork) and some yet to be decided engine. For $100 I had to have it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140390567408

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: metisse stuff arrives!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:03:59 pm »
Does Angelina come with it Mark since you bought it off Billy Bob?? ;D ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

firko

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:16:28 pm »
How cools that for a name eh John? He lives in a place called Cottonwood Creek and reckons he only goes into town once a week so I reckon it'd be more Elly May than Angelina ::). I betcha he drives a Chevy Pickup with a gun rack and different coloured fenders and doors and wears bib and brace overalls and a Hawaiian shirt. He's fascinated that it's coming to Australia, asking all sorts of dumb questions.

mx250

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 07:53:59 am »
I also just scored this Rickman Montesa frame that'll also get similar bodywork (I hate Mk4 Metisse bodywork) and some yet to be decided engine. For $100 I had to have it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140390567408
I looked longingly at that frame Mark - but too many projects etc etc. It was in Cal as well - bonus. Should make getting it to Longbeach straightforward. Nice pick up. Are you joining the Monty fraternity 8) or is your fertile imagination turning to other possibilities? :)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 08:22:11 am »
Maybe his real name is Jethro?, I personally would rather have it delivered by Angelina than Elly May, maybe Tony T can superimpose Angelina on that John Deere tractor with your frame on its way to the Fed-ex deepo?.......special delivery for uncle Mark. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 08:40:07 am »
Micro mk4 Maico Metisse complete with mk3 body work sporting black ovals?
 Topped off with the possibility of Angelina and Elli may in the same pic? Well, you’ve certainly got my attention.
Jethro will have to get in line.   
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline ola_martin

• Legend
    • View Profile

firko

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 05:20:40 am »
That's pretty much what I'm building Martin, except that bike's a Bultaco Petite Metisse with a Maico engine, Min'es a Zundapp Micro Metisse with Maico engine. That bike's pre 65 legal but mine will have to be pre 75 because the frame didn't come out until '71. Cool bike though.

firko

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 12:18:42 pm »
I looked longingly at that frame Mark - but too many projects etc etc. It was in Cal as well - bonus. Should make getting it to Longbeach straightforward. Nice pick up. Are you joining the Monty fraternity  or is your fertile imagination turning to other possibilities
You've got to grab these bargains while they're there Graeme. Worry about what you want to use them for later on. The Rickman Monty frames rarely pop up in bare condition and this cheap. Plenty of Zundapps Micro Metisses around but they're a totally different frame. If I found a decent VR engine I might consider it but I'll probably aim towards a TM400 Suzuki or some other sideport engine. I've got spare TM400 TM250  engines and considering I like a low budget challenge either of those will probably get the nod. I've seen Triumph 500 engines in these frames and I have one on its way from the US so you never know what may emerge from my "fertile imagination" as you put it.
Micro mk4 Maico Metisse complete with mk3 body work sporting black ovals?
The body kits are made for the 125 Zundapp Metisse Mick, hence the black # plates. I had the choice to get them green when he asked me what colour I wanted the kit in but forgot to tell him about the number plates. No worries, I'll paint 'em my usual XD Ford Emerald Green metalic.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 04:09:27 pm by firko »