Author Topic: Another Cheney XL350 emerges  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Another Cheney XL350 emerges
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 10:17:18 pm »
With the British pound, its good buying time for all UK bike makes  :P
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:28:57 am »

Yeah the Brits might be the next big thing, selection of CCMs, Cheneys etc seems always good on Brit ebay
formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:49:01 pm »
Yeah the Brits might be the next big thing, selection of CCMs, Cheneys etc seems always good on Brit ebay

Sellers always get a bid on a frame.  :P
I still prefer the idea of ride ready,of course the freight to the buyer issue, drives these bikes down in sales..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MRD-RICKMAN-METISSE_W0QQitemZ110507024188QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycles?hash=item19babb5f3c
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 01:43:09 pm »

Sellers always get a bid on a frame.  :P
I still prefer the idea of ride ready,of course the freight to the buyer issue, drives these bikes down in sales..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MRD-RICKMAN-METISSE_W0QQitemZ110507024188QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycles?hash=item19babb5f3c
[/quote]

I am not sure I would pay big money for ride ready, just a pile of bits that are a good start. Like the Cheney the real money is in the frame, wheels, engine and forks better to source in good condition rather than buy and ship a bunch of tired stuff.

formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 07:07:15 pm »

wheels, engine and forks better to source in good condition rather than buy and ship a bunch of tired stuff.
Just when you think it hasn't been covered & querying the subject- its there in the VMX Mag  "Framed"   :-\   ;D
Firko added to this by saying" They're are fun to build ,allow for a degree of "artistic expression" and add a lot of much needed colour and variety to our sport.  ;D

Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 06:33:00 pm »
It riles me that even the Poms are buggering with history. The above Metisse has Marzocci forks and Grimeca hubs which wouldn't have seen daylight until the mid 70s. The class is pre '65. It's not as if there aren't plenty of eligible lightweight hubs and forks available.