Author Topic: Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza  (Read 24672 times)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2010, 03:59:18 pm »
did you get an action Pic of the bloke riding the 1955 KR750 Harley flat tracker Mark? he wasn't mucking around on that one, a very good rider!
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

firko

« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2010, 06:17:04 pm »
Youre right Hoony that KR Harley had some serious mumbo and the bloke could ride it but unfortunately every time I saw him on the track I didn't have my trusty brownie box camera with me. I did get a shot of him riding past our pit though

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2010, 06:33:42 pm »
The second bike did a bit off Moto x on sunday when went off the end of the track and across the paddock .
I'm not surprised going on where he's looking ::)

mx250

« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2010, 07:03:46 pm »
Love ya work Firko. Some very interesting bikes there. (Should be a few stories to fill a few VMX mags there ;))

And all the other pixie takers as well of course.

Thanks guys.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2010, 07:28:01 pm »
it was a great day out. nice to catch up with some forum members and have a chat.
i really enjoyed hanging out at the dirt track. how good is it to see a 1928 Dt500 Douglas, Speedway Vincents, Harley flat tracker all circulating. the concept of getting all this old race iron out of sheds and circulating is a pisser.

Jimmy Ellis even took my bike for a spin around the MX track and i asked him for some feed back where i can improve things on the bike, he then proceeded to rattle specifically off more than i can remember from jetting ( pilot, clip and main) to suspension settings front and rear.

i have a funny story to tell.

Yzhilly and i were talking to Fatboyracing and his mate Thommo and they mentioned they were staying for the week at Broadford till the nats. we asked them what they were going to do for a week.

"oh were going for a drive"  was the reply so matter of fact like

"where" we asked

"Queensland"

obviously the Tassie guys are not scared to cross the 300kM radius force field barrier like us Victorians  ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:30:00 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2010, 07:43:37 pm »
Anyone get a pic of the Ammex? Or know anything about it?
I saw Gary Jones talking to a bloke that I presume was the owner, but figured that the owner was probably grilling Gary for all sorts of details, and didn't want to be interupted by me asking simple questions...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Curly3

« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2010, 07:48:14 pm »
Great shots from the Dirt Track, I'm peee'd off now that I didn't make the trip down.
Next year for sure, if I pull my finger out and finish something off to ride.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2010, 08:04:19 pm »
Nice pics Firko i luv that Black Yamaha and i hope to have something finished for the next one so i can get out on the dirttrack .
Geez Hoony is it 300 kms  max ,I'm spewing it take's me a hour and a half to get to Broadford .Just joking .it was a Ball Tearer weekend even my Missus enjoyed riding around looking at all the bikes and riding We luved it .Hilly
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2010, 09:14:01 pm »
Yep it was good as gold Saturday in the somewhat restricted time I had there. Ran into quite a few friends I know and revelled in competition bikes of all types  at    ....ALL.... the various disciplines tracks. Even had put my beloved 754 Pre75 sidecar together too display, (and take some willing citizens for a ride,,, only thing is they all got off after a short time and well um disappeared mumbling something like "you sidecar people are really very seriously warped ??? Nathan come back....
 Enjoy the Super Rat manual Firko it is a fun and bit tongue in cheek for a genuine workshop book , Thank you Walter for all your tips and experienced insights re my rough old 754 , good luck to you and your passenger at the Nats. Glad you got on the tracks Sunday Geoff!  Blokes like the two mentioned preceding spend their working life making our bikes so much better, how they good must feel doing some riding for themselves;D
Of course the track marshals, safety flaggies, stewards and all the organisers are to be honoured and praised for their selfless commitment. 
Anyhow back to Earth, my cameras SD card appears to be damaged as it cannot be read on three different computers >:( a couple of those little metal tabs are broken so I have no photos to share!! not even any of the dozens I took of my beasty.... ;) Cheers See yas about Tim754
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:42:30 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2010, 09:33:00 pm »

muddy

« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2010, 09:34:22 pm »
Hooney here are a few pic`s of the Harley getting around the track

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2010, 09:38:21 pm »
Hoony here are a few pic`s of the Harley getting around the track

Good one Muddy, that bloke was hooking in on it too.
1986 Honda CR250RG