Author Topic: Help Needed Yamaha WR250F NO SPARK.  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Help Needed Yamaha WR250F NO SPARK.
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:29:46 am »
I am preparing two 18 month old, low hour WR250F's for rego.
They were layed up for the last twelve months.
I managed to kick-start one, that had a meega amount of battery life.
The second has no bat life. and will not start or spark any life?
by miday I will have a new battery in each?
I am green to this new tech? (am looking foward to a test ride on each)
 I have not yet studyed the manual.
are the wr's a battery ignition?

I hope the next twenty four hours will deliver me more wisdom.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 05:47:38 am by MICK-DE »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed Yamaha WR250F NO SPARK.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 03:58:53 pm »
Pretty sure the battery is only for lighting, a retuned version of that motor is used in the scorpa trials bike & that doesn't have a battery

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 04:23:25 pm »
Pretty sure the battery is only for lighting, a retuned version of that motor is used in the scorpa trials bike & that doesn't have a battery
Thanks Tony,
                   I figured with a good dose of “start ya bastard” oozing through the engine out the exhaust and still no bang, that there can’t be any spark. I have just wet down two new batteries for rego any how, being trickle charged now. I pulled the tank and seat on the one that won’t start. I found chopped and joined wires. I quizzed the owners, who replied “we were stripping them down for the scrub” ::) ::). Sad to see near new machines mutilated already. I am hoping to find fault somewhere around there tomorrow.
    Thanks, Mick. 

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 01:34:48 pm »
OK got the WR-Fs finished, going and rego ready. The trusty old multi meter found the problems. The connectors behind the head light for the electric starter and the engine kill handlebar cluster were each connected in visa-versa to each other. Although they have colour differences, they indeed are interchangeable and misconnectable, just like a few other connecters there. These poor brothers had them all wrong.
I even found they had even put the three pronged headlight globe connector to the blinker relay unit and the three pronged socket for the blinker relay on the headlight globe. That was the cause of the flashing taillight problem ::) etc. etc yadda yadda. Anyhow piece of cake. I will just never bet on anything they doo, or any horse they ever back ::) 

Now all I need is a test ride when they are regoed ;D   
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:55:23 pm by MICK-DE »