Author Topic: how's this for a quote on shipping  (Read 5414 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: how's this for a quote on shipping
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 05:21:37 pm »
        Actually come to think of it. If you haven’t experienced greed yet? Try dealing with the UK or Germany. I have had a few Horror "postal extorsion" and very poorly packed experiences from that lot. As a result I rarely give them any more of my prime non recessional Ausssie dollars. Greedy bastards. Not all of them bad experiences, just most of them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 05:37:46 pm by MICK-DE »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 05:54:19 pm »
chasing up some cr250m parts from bike BANDIT gudgen pin.little end bearing.2x circlips 39.00 us and 79.90 us del
thats shit i can get it del anywere in the usa for 6.00 us
Yes, they only ship fedex - which is probably very reliable, but geez, expensive  :o :o
They should be called Wallet Bandit instead.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

TwoTees

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 10:26:01 pm »
        My main trouble on Ebay has been dealing with unscrupulous Australian sellers, that present a photo of the good side, failing to show the bad side which makes the item totally undesirable.  I only pay with pay pal now. The moment I realize that I have been dealing with a grub, I by pass Ebay and go straight to a paypal claim instead. In 2009 I lodged six claims against lying grubs and promptly won all six disputes, being "not as described".

This has been the case for me as well. I will always pay with PayPal. If you start up a claim "Item not as described" through PP they take the money from the sellers account and hold it until the dispute is resolved. They also have to return the postage costs to you as well. You will only be down the return costs for postage. You should send it registered so they have to sign for it.

Also got stabbed for postage from a US seller. I asked for a quote before I clicked "Buy It Now" Paid the $10 for the brake hose and the $15 postage as quoted and the prick then emailed me and said I need to pay an extra $15 on top. It was only a ktm65 front brake hose that should go in a flat envelope. Any way I paid it because KTM wanted $170 for one here and no one could make one because it is "Dash2"? fittings. I havent got it yet after 2 weeks but when I do I'll be giving him a negative and seeing if I can start a PayPal dispute.

On a better note I have had many good sellers from US with fair shipping prices. Even got a bunch of parts put into a container and unloaded in Brisbane and his brother then posted them to me here in ACT.

Chris
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:28:48 pm by TwoTees »

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 10:07:28 pm »
Only once have  I been quoted one price for shipping then invoiced another when I won.  I emailed them the original quote and they appologised saying that the guy in shipping invoiced for priority instead of flat rate.

If you get one quote before the auction ends another after you win. Query and hassle the hell out of them till they honour it.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 11:01:35 pm »
what i want to know is, if you get the goods, but are not happy with the service/shipping costs or what ever and then open a PP dispute, do they give you the money back for post or the parts or both and do you also then have to return the item? I dont understand how that quite works.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

TwoTees

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 01:51:06 am »
what i want to know is, if you get the goods, but are not happy with the service/shipping costs or what ever and then open a PP dispute, do they give you the money back for post or the parts or both and do you also then have to return the item? I dont understand how that quite works.

I started a PayPal dispute for "Item not as described". A Takeasago rim that was dent free and straight according to the seller. When I unwrapped it, it had a big dent and was buckled. PayPal took the final price plus the postage amount from the seller. It is then up to the seller and the buyer to agree on a solution. Normally (hopefully) the seller should agree to give a refund and PayPal then give the buyer back his money including the postage that you originally paid. It is then up to the buyer to pay for postage to return the item to the seller. Registered is best.

I bought some forks from UK and when my 90 days was almost up for a claim and I had not received them, I started an "Item not received" claim.  The seller told me in one of the emails that PayPay took the money from him. He showed me the receipts for postage showing my address etc so I cancelled the claim and he got his money back. My forks turned up after 120 days and the package was dripping with oil so I think the postie got the shits and threw it in the corner for a few months.

I bought a DVD and when I opened it, it had a hole in where it looked like someone had stabbed it. The hole went through the cover and the disk. ?? When I went back to the picture in the listing you could make out the hole in the cover. What is wrong with some people. The dvd only cost me $4 plus $4 post but I made a claim and got my $8 bucks back and posted the dvd back to him at a cost of about $3. Its only a few dollars but It might make these peanuts think twice about ripping people off if they loose a few dollars on postage themselves.