Author Topic: 1979 Honda CR250  (Read 2062 times)

firko

1979 Honda CR250
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:09:10 pm »
HELPING OUT A MATE.
As you all no doubt know, our friend Bruce "Magoo" McFarland is going through a pretty tough time of it health wise and because of ongoing treatment he's been unable to work.
In a bid to help Bruce and his family through this difficult time in their lives an anonymous member of the Sydney VMX community has generously donated a completely restored but not quite finished 1979 Honda CR250 to be sold, with all proceeds going to Magoo to help pull him through this tough period.
THE BIKE: 1979 HONDA CR250.
This magnificent machine undergone a ground up rebuild with no expense spared such as:
* The engine has been fully rebuilt using only the best in N.O.S. and aftermarket parts.
*New DG pipe and silencer.
*New Novation swingarm.
*Fully restored and rebuilt '81 Honda 41mm forks.
*New YSS shock absorbers
*Rebuilt wheels with new stainless steel spokes, Excel rims, new bearings.
*New Renthall 'Fat' handlebars and risers.
*New Magura levers.
*New Gunnar Gasser throttle.
*New stainless steel wide pegs.
*New air filter.
*New seat cover
*New plastic all round with spare new side covers.
The frame was stripped to bare metal and powdercoated and the tank was painted with twin pack the correct shade of red to colour match the plastic. New graphics were also fitted and clear coated.There are two each spare OEM brake and clutch cables.
The bike is within a couple of hours hours and a few small parts of completion. All that's needed are :
* A new Keihin (or Mikuni) carb
*A new chain
*A brake arm.
*A chain guide roller
*A few miscalaneous nuts and bolts.
If anybody would like to donate the needed parts (chain, carby, brake stay, chain guide/roller) it'd be going to a good cause.

The bike is being offered for the best offer over $5000 which is a steal considering what's been done to the bike. If interested, PM me and I'll put you in contact with the seller.

IF PURCHASING THE ABOVE HONDA IS A BIT OUT OF YOUR REACH BUT YOU'D STILL LIKE TO HELP MAGOO OUT, PLEASE DONATE A FEW BUCKS INTO HIS ACCOUNT TO HELP THE FAMILY THROUGH THIS HARROWING TIME.
The bank details are : Account name----B&A McFarland       B.S.B.--- 112879  Account # ----050188996

firko

Re: 1979 Honda CR250
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 03:57:40 pm »
If you want to bid or have something to say on the Honda sale for Bruce or about Bruce, please reply to the "Honda for Magoo" thread over in General Discussion. It'll greatly simplify things. Cheers, Mark

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 08:16:27 pm »
That looks like it going faster than last weeks pay Firko before it's even started.
Very generious for Bruce, Hope some cashed up Honda guy see this for what it is. Previous getting married recently and wanting to stay that way stops my bidding.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

mcmuffin

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 10:39:42 pm »
I have one for sale just like this one -it sounds cheap  whats the bid up to