Author Topic: Timing tool  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
Timing tool
« on: February 06, 2010, 10:41:22 am »
Where can I purchase a Timing set up, you know, spark plug type adaptor, dial gauge with extensions etc
Couple of CR`s

All Things 414

Re: Timing tool
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 11:12:16 am »
You should be able to get a good dial indicator from a reputable tool place (I don't mean a footy club). I bought an addaptor with mine that screws into the plug hole to hold it however it wont all fit on when the motor's in the frame. I just use the indicator without the addaptor in that case and it works fine.  ;)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:35:49 am »
I've machined a fair few up, if you have a lathe I'll send you some dimensions. A 38mm indicator works much better rather than the 50mm face, you also need some extentions for the plunger.
Jesus only loves two strokes

albrid-3

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 12:23:09 pm »
I bought mine from england, l have`nt used mine yet.

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 09:25:44 pm »
I bought mine from www.biketool.com.au It,s fairly small so you can get it into the motor while it still in the frame. Darcy
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 10:28:26 pm »
yamaha used to sell a dail guage complete with s/plug adaptor and longer plunger rods,you might want a chair under your bum when they tell you the price though :o :D ;D

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 06:58:08 pm »
Always thought when asking about yamaha parts the answer was come round the back of the counter, drop your pants & bend over little boy :o

MTSEAN

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 07:11:41 pm »
Just bring it around to me, I will time it for you Snowy.  Of course I couldn't be held responsible if it was a tad out as I haven't forgotten you took me out last time I saw you (ha ha)!!!!!