Author Topic: VMX Mags for sale  (Read 1422 times)

colmoody

VMX Mags for sale
« on: February 07, 2010, 12:14:52 pm »
For those that might be interested. I was just down at Blair Harley's picking up a bit of stuff and he was telling me that he has just put a few back issues of VMX on E bay. From and including issue no 2 through to and inclusive of issue no 33.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VMX Mags for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 12:37:51 pm »
How's he travelling, Col ? I met him a few years ago at Eastern Creek historics and went round to his joint to check out a couple of interesting projects he had going, and he was doing it tough medically, but fighting hard. A good man.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

colmoody

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 03:41:29 pm »
GD66, Yeah at the moment Blair is travelling OK after a few trials and tribulations health wise over the last couple of years including a rough last couple of months. He's on the mend and going OK.

Have known Blair for nigh on forty years both as a boss and good friend and has always been good fun to be around. Have travelled many miles on road toadies with Blair on moderns but as you probably know his passion for the last ten years or so is historics. He has been thinning out the ranks of his collection over the last couple of years and is now down to his three or four favourites. Although I'm never quite sure whats down the back shed.

He has just learnt to use ebay in the last week or so, so thats his new toy. As well as the VMX Mags he has also put his early 60's and pretty rare 250 Telstar Cotton Road Racer on e bay.

He is seventy five now but the motorcycle passion still burns as bright as it ever has.

colmoody

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 03:51:24 pm »
Firko, you just beat me to my reply post to GD66.  As you probably know the historics (british) take a bit of looking after. He has been saying for a few years now that he'd much rather be riding them than working on em. He is as keen as ever but think when you are maybe a bit crook the motivation to work on them kinda dissapates a little, hence the thinning of the ranks.

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 04:07:45 pm »
 G' day Coolmoody,  I'm looking for one of those gold plated issue number Fours to complete my set.   Any contact details for Blair please ?      Cheers,    Mike.

colmoody

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 04:34:42 pm »
T250K, yes issue number 4 is there and coincidenly he has already had one or two enquireys via ebay re this issue. I can tell you that his is selling them as a job lot. Blair will answer any questions you have via ebay.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 07:07:08 pm »
Thanks, lads, the Cotton was one of Blair's pet projects, however with it being too late for P3 and not quick enough for P4 against the TR3s, even on metho, he would always have been up against it. But a good guy, and a clever bike builder, with a rich role in the history of Aussie motocross. Fingers crossed he can beat his demons and turn into a happy, grumpy old bloke. Hats off, Blair !  ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....