Author Topic: New track near Beaudesert QLD?  (Read 3883 times)

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
New track near Beaudesert QLD?
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:31:56 pm »
Hi VMXers,
A couple of months ago, the local Redlands newspaper reported about a new motorcycle track to be opened around the Beaudesert area. Does anyone know if it is a myth or fact?  If fact, who is runnning it, where is it located and when is the track open to ride on.
Cheers, Wayne.
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

IT400C

Re: New track near Beaudesert QLD?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:50:24 pm »
Hi Wayne,

Yeah, you heard correct.  It's going to be out the back of the new Wyaralong Dam site, On the Boonah-Beaudesert Road.  Probably a little closer to Boonah than Smithy's property (the one that RTCB has used for trailrides for the last 20 years..)

They hope to have it up and running within the next 12 months.

Tony

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 07:59:30 pm »
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the heads up, and thank god we will have another track to ride on. Even if it is 1.5 hours from the "bloody precious koalas" of the Redlands area. 
Cheers, Wayne.

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 09:40:26 am »
precious koalas? more like spineless councilers

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 10:10:04 am »
.............................(the one that RTCB has used for trailrides for the last 20 years..)

reminds of of the 1986/7 4 day which DMCC ran at Erica and a group of RTCB made their way down for it with a large trailer load of bikes (8+) a big sign on the trailer proclaimed "Rotten Terrible Cunning Bastards"

i can remember that , but what does it really stand for.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:13:47 am by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 10:30:53 am »
Reliability Trial Club of Brisbane
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 01:54:08 pm »
Nah. maybe mine really is right  ;)

thanks
Hoony
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 03:54:30 pm »
I read somewhere on the web,that all the councils Mayors,from Bribane,to Ipswich,to the Gold Coast,and others,were supposed to be teaming up together and looking at buying land somewhere in the same area,Beaudesert-Boonah,to develop and build an off-road recreation park,with proper facilities,etc,etc.Because they acknowledged there was not many places to ride.
I've lost the link to this site.Can't for the life of me remember where I read it,anyone re-call such an article?

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 04:15:24 pm »
I read somewhere on the web,that all the councils Mayors,from Bribane,to Ipswich,to the Gold Coast,and others,were supposed to be teaming up together and looking at buying land somewhere in the same area,Beaudesert-Boonah,to develop and build an off-road recreation park,with proper facilities,etc,etc.Because they acknowledged there was not many places to ride.
I've lost the link to this site.Can't for the life of me remember where I read it,anyone re-call such an articles Cheers,Mark

I hear your plight son   ;)   ;D
dis one.  8)

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=10827.msg106741
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 09:42:46 pm »
Arr, dont get me started with Redlands City council, where koalas are more important than humans, and ratepayers pay the most in the country. I bet there are koalas at Wyaralong where the new track will be. At least that council recognises a venue that could generate some $ for their community. >:(

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 08:52:32 am »
Thanks VMX,thats the very one. ;D
Isn't it always the way muddy,councils sometimes lack the vision of tomorrow.They're really more interested in building and development,than catering for rate payers.Look at the Redlands area,the building that has been going on there is astounding.I hadn't been to Redland Bay for near 4 years,went up before Xmas,on the drive up Capalaba Rd there were so many new housing estates.
It makes you wonder why they don't put a bike track down near the dump and the performance driving school?
Plenty of land there that could be used,only people who'd get disturb would be the long time residents in the cemetary.

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 09:07:25 am »
HI Guys,

Some time ago I signed one of those e-partitions taht someone started on the Queensland Government website.  Not expecting anything to come of it I was very surprised when I got a letter from Captain Bligh saying waht a good job she was going to do of this.  Apparently (going from memory here) the government and councils have secured a quite large site between Beudesert and Boonah.  Plans for trails, MX, SX and flat and long tracks with camping and hot showers etc some way down the track.  I'd be surprised if captain bligh hadn't made a big song and dance about it.  I'll have a look at the government website.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.