Author Topic: Another newbie to the starting gates?  (Read 1595 times)

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Another newbie to the starting gates?
« on: January 26, 2010, 06:42:20 pm »
Hi VMXers.
Ive decided to use my aquired nickname, for obvious reasons, as the username for this site, Mudguard, shiny on top & s#!t underneath. Also answer to S#!thouse, as my initials are WC, or possibly it's to do with my riding style. Well enough of that crap. Previous history with dirt bikes. First bike I threw my leg over was a Honda mini trail, and rode straight through a backyard fence. Think I knew my destiny from that point forward. First bike purchased was a near new YZ80E in 79. Started racing in Newcastle and surrounds in 79. Next was a YZ80G then YZ125H. Jumped to the other side in 84 to a Honda XR500RD only trail riding for next 6 years. In 1997 got the bug again, another Honda CR250 1990 model. 1999 back to Yamaha until 2006. Now have 1976 YZ250 & 80 and looking for advice to set up the 250 for VMX racing. Now out of breath, sorry bit long winded.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:43:37 pm by mudguard »
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: Another newbie to the starting gates?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:05:25 pm »
welcome to the forum you need to get in
contact with your nearest vmx club
they will be able to help you out
also just ask questions on forum about your setup
there is a lot of knowledge between most of us
cheers rusty ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 09:55:08 pm »
Thanks Rusty.
I live in the Bayside area of Brisbane, so I will put the word out to find where abouts vmx clubs are around Bris.  :)
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Offline zorroz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 12:21:59 am »
First bike I threw my leg over was a Honda mini trail, and rode straight through a backyard fence. Think I knew my destiny from that point forward.

Welcome. Thats exactly what happened to me on the same bike when I was 8. And also lost my front teeth and burnt the shit out of my leg on the zorst!