Author Topic: THE MILE or the Elsinore  (Read 1634 times)

albrid-3

THE MILE or the Elsinore
« on: January 16, 2010, 09:37:15 am »
You know fellows, what would be exciting to watch, and that would be the mile, just like they had in the 70`s in the USA. how fast would that be. and the elsinore.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:43:38 am by Dot »

211kawasaki

Re: THE MILE or the Elsinore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 09:33:41 am »
Dave, your a romantic!

albrid-3

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 09:09:39 pm »
Dave, l know, l dream alot, This would be great historic event. Just picture it, rustic old town, and old horse race track, then couple of 100 race bikes all sent up for the mile. That town would explode with excitment.
And same again, rustic old town, and thousand of bikes on the starting line in the centre of town, taking off for a 10 km race. all in the spirit of our sport. just think of that excitement,
no rego, just a lot of fun, the pub and the milk bars open there arms in glee with the amount of money they would make.
Birdwood, there are a lot towns within NSW,SA, QLD, VIC, WOULD WELCOME SUCH AN EVENT.
The Birdswood Mile.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:56:57 pm by Dot »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 09:59:51 pm »
They probably do on the stations ,but don't say much as someone may spoil there day.  8)
Best is in the West !!

albrid-3

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 11:09:02 pm »
YOU MAY BE RIGHT AL, I had a dream and I made that dream come true for a lot of Kids, I put on a race meeting and turned out a success.
I put on a vintage meeting and vintage cars club, race cars, Kevin Schwantz came, Jim Richards was there, lots of rides for the families We rinsed money for the Make a wish Foundation. You only need a dream to make things work.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:34:43 am by Dot »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 11:14:11 pm »
Yes they are all good times.
Morgan in South Australia(where the Murray river heads south) has a fair bit of 1/4 mile race history being the busiest river port in the hey day.Many moons ago.  8)
Where was this event that you write of ?
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 12:59:14 am »
ive raced on that track many times and on a cr250rz elsinore/4 valve jawa l/tracker and tt500,loved barreling down the main straight doing a ton on the tracker and ditch it into the first cover feet up NOW THAT WAS FUN,last time i was passing though morgan i ask about could they start up again but to costly with all thats needed to be done so that's another long track that's hit the wall along with Pt Piree sa and the old half mile