Author Topic: De Coster's old practice bike up for sale  (Read 913 times)

mainline

De Coster's old practice bike up for sale
« on: January 11, 2010, 08:56:16 pm »

As seen being put through it's paces at Classic Dirt by none other than our own Vandy010.

Well I didn't think it would ever happen, but after the fun I had trailriding on the weekend, and considering the two other VMX bike projects on the go, the PE175 is up for sale to make way for a more modern trailbike.

I'd like to keep it, but the yz125F is usually running in the class (evo125) right before the PE, so it can be a pain to race them both on the same day.

This is the fabled 175 that holeshot a 250 evo race at Nudgee on a day when not many people turned up and those that did (except for me) weren't looking when the gate dropped ;D

We're talking an '81 PE175, with the PE bits taken off and using RM250 C2 tank plonked on. I still have the original tank and the section of rear frame loop that I sliced off from behind the seat. None of the PE frame brackets were cut off, so if you wanted to, you could return it to PE specs easily.

It has brand new tyres, tubes, rimlocks, handlebars, levers, grips, wheel bearings, nos RM number plate, slightly dodge seat cover ;D.  The forks have new seals, and heavier springs.

The motor is sweet as a nut, and the bike seriously needs absolutely nothing done to it mechanically. Everyone who rides it, loves it so much they want to marry it ;D

$1600 ono ?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:57:50 pm by mainline »