Author Topic: Early Sonic Ducati.  (Read 1878 times)

firko

Early Sonic Ducati.
« on: January 28, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »
 friend of mine in California is selling a few bikes including this very cool Sonic framed Ducati 250 built in the late 50s / early 60s. He wants $5000 US or nearest offer.
Here's part of his email:
"The builder and racer is a gentleman named Ray Whisler from San Jose, California. The motor is a stroked 250cc with a 350 crank, I guess that was the hot setup in those days, all specs in the motor were from H&H Motors who was the hot tuners for Ducati singles in the 60's/70's. The frame is a limited edition hand made for this motor by a Mr McGloughlin in San Jose who had a shop called Grand Prix Cycle and specialized in unique race set-ups. Very cool period piece. I had the painted to keep it in good condition but left everything else original. The frame is simply beautiful and as light as a racing bicycle. There are a few people interested in it and I am asking 5,000.00, but i am open to offers as i would like to free up some space in my hanger to finish a few projects, more photos of other stuff coming, regards, brian"