Author Topic: yz250g seat/guard frame loop pic needed  (Read 3127 times)

mainline

yz250g seat/guard frame loop pic needed
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:56:21 am »
Anyone out there with a 250g that could possibly take a couple of decent pics of the rear frame loop? The one that supports the seat and that the rear guard bolts to.

I've got to fabricate one and I  haven't been able to find any pics good enough to give me an idea of how it all fits together.

Also is the 250f rear guard the same, or will it bolt up even if it is a slightly different moulding?

Cheers very muchly.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: yz250g seat/guard frame loop pic needed
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 12:37:24 pm »
The F gaurd is different looking - has the rib in the centre, the G is plain. G gaurds are generally easier to comeby.

I think I have both in storage,

I got  a bare frame - try to ge a pic for you soon

mainline

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 03:13:57 pm »
thanks for that.

All Things 414

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 04:16:17 pm »
Billet YZ has a 250 G. I should be able to tell you what the back of it looks like as it's the only part I ever see on the race track. I'm sure he'll be able to help you.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 07:33:24 pm »
If G and H are he same I the photo is on its way.  Pretty sure they are.  If you can confirm I will duck out and take a photo.  After all I owe you one  ;)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

mainline

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 08:26:43 pm »
G'day there Mr T, the frames certainly look the same in the parts diagrams I've looked up, and the rear guard seems to have the same part number for both models.

Make sure that any photo you take includes the finished, installed footpegs ;D

As far as owing me one, the ride on the 250H should square us up. Plus, I'm not going to be hungover on the Sunday so I'll be rolling the 465 around the track very slowly as well ;D

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 10:18:24 pm »
It's all good Paul.  The footpegs are now fitted complete with the bolts you provided (haven't had a chance to find the right size ones).
I am 99% sure they are the same, but am happy to be corrected.
250H and 465H will both be in attendance.  Hopefully both will be running properly by then.  Still having strife with the 465.  A few months to get it sorted, so should be fine.
Will work on a photo tomorrow.  On the move again toward Bris Vegas this time, so hopefully get an a few races with you and Vandy (etc).

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 10:31:35 am »
Mainline, I have the back section of frame (about 250mm long) removed from an IT465H that includes the loop that goes across under the seat, that the rear guard bolts to .You are welcome to it if you want . It will just cost you the price of the postage, if I C.O.D it to you. The loop part appears the same as the one on a YZ250H frame that I have, but different to a YZ250F. Just PM me your mailing address if you are interested. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 11:17:48 am by Husky500evo »

mainline

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 12:54:42 pm »
Mate, that would be awesome. Pm on it's way! Cheers

Tony, you're off the hook ;D

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 09:46:33 pm »
Thanks Mark.  Although it would have been no trouble at all Paul.

You have to wonder why a Husky/Maico bloke has old chopped up YZ/IT frames in the shed :o :o :o.  Maybe he is trying to take out the opposition with the grinder  :o :o ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D  From what I've seen the big Maico does the job pretty well anyway  ;)

At least you found a bit to suit Paul.  Would have been quite a bit of sweaing involved in trying to fabricate one I imagine.

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 06:29:53 pm »
    I have used YZ/IT Yamahas and parts as fill, in the berms and jumps of my practice track, as I have found that is all they are good for  ;D.  They are useful in these situations because it can simulate actual racing conditions  :D. Although , I must say that the 43mm forks and TLS front brake can come in handy for use on other bikes, as they work better than the front ends of my Huskys  ;).
   I also have to say that the above is just a poor attempt at humour, as I don't want some rabid Yamaha fan sending Wes (aka Rubberneck/Bigbird) around to assassinate me, using his skills learned in the SAS  :o.

mainline

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 08:44:26 pm »
as long as you cut that rear section off before you bury it  ;D  Cheers, again

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 09:49:58 pm »
I put the frame bit in the post today , so hopefully you should get it before the weekend. Let me know if you need measurements of where to weld it in , as I have another bare frame (YZ250H) here to check with . 

mainline

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 11:07:22 pm »
you are indeed a good man, must be something in the water up there. I should be right with the measurements as there's a stub left on one side of the frame, so I'll just trim the donor piece to match.

Thanks again, see you at Classic Dirt  ;) ;D