Author Topic: New old guy looking for parts  (Read 1394 times)

fatrat

New old guy looking for parts
« on: August 16, 2009, 09:12:37 pm »
G,day all,

After more years than I care to remember I bought a bike to follow my kids on. My last bikes were an RM250B and a CR125M 70 something model (pre red devil) so I looked for something I could understand and found a YZ125G with a rebuilt top end going cheap. After finding that the suspension was cactus, wrong model petrol tank fitted, numerous exhaust leaks and a slipping clutch I have decided to tidy it up a bit. It appears that most parts are easily accesible (for a price!) but the expansion chamber and petrol tank may be a challenge.

If anyone needs a J (i think) tank it will be available as soon as I get a G tank. Does anyone know if DG expansion chambers are available in Oz? If not I will repair mine.

I went to the vintage show at Proserpine Qld on the weekend and it was great! Brought back many good memories and was the motorvation I needed to bring this bike back to its former glory.

Cheers
Mark

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: New old guy looking for parts
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 09:31:57 pm »
AR Maxwell Motorcycles in NSW is the Australian DG pipe importer. They have pipes for 77 and up YZ's see their add in current issue of VMX mag or phone 0358831315 or emal [email protected]
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 08:33:35 am »
Hey Mark. Welcome aboard.  Prossie was a good turn out ;D. I'm the guy who had the Hodaka up there. Darcy #674
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

MC

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 04:54:27 pm »
Hey there FATRAT, gidday from NZ can't fault your choice of weapon, give it 12 months and you will have a shed full trust me its addictive, 2 years ago I was sitting there watching an 85 yz 125L on Trade Me NZ and now I have 5 white bikes in the garage am president of the local club and trying to cram as many events into the calendar as poss, not sure if the marriage will last but what the hell if it means I can buy more white bikes then thats the price you pay.
Anyway cheers and good luck from the Top Of The South VMX Club, Nelson NZ. MC

Offline ty4

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 04:32:48 pm »
g,day Fatrat
guess what i just found in the shed,,
one complete yz125g tank ;D
must remember to look up more often
let me know if you still need it
cheers
tony

fatrat

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 07:07:58 pm »
Hi Tony,

Have been offline for a while. I still need a tank!!!!!

Cheers

Mark