Author Topic: Taupo NZ the second round  (Read 5101 times)

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
Taupo NZ the second round
« on: November 17, 2007, 08:50:56 am »
We are about to head off to Taupo (TMBill) country for the second round of the NZ VMX Champs. I will try to get a few pictures of the meeting and post them up. Its a new track so none of us know what it is like, so it will be cool to race on ;D
Good luck to everyone racing in the weekend.
See ya sunday night or maybe monday.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
Re: Taupo NZ the second round
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 11:23:03 am »
Good luck DJ just be careful you dont get grass stains on ya gear !.

[attachment deleted by admin]
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 08:37:38 pm »
Well guys, I am sorry to say, but you all missed a meeting to die for. The grass was green, the sun was shining and the bikes were humming.

The Track before the days racing

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 08:59:34 pm »
Awesome  track, Fantastic day by the looks of things !
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 09:40:24 pm »
Is that Darth Veda on the CZ .......awsome shots 

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 09:52:44 pm »
I hate Kiwis!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I dont have grass like that in my front yard in Perth!!! :-\

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 02:50:35 am »
im sure it looks like a golf course ;)

suzuki43

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 07:52:57 am »
I hate to put the boot in,but after being a NSW VMXer for 7 plus years, freshly returned to my homeland, I can honestly say that the way the event was run and the track itself was on a different planet compared to the dung heaps we had to race on in the Cockroach State (NSW).
What a great day, starting from the typically relaxed sign on procedure that took all of twenty seconds with no agro from the organisers (what a friendly bunch-most unusual!) through to the awesome track that had no dust and no stupid man made jumps with steep up ramps (i.e Kembla).
Sorry Ockers, but if you want to race on decent tracks with a great bunch of fellas (and sexy Merinos) you need to get your butts over to NZ.
PS Bills new moniker is Ira Doe (lets see if there are any Johnny Cash fans out there to work this out).

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 07:17:37 pm »
Wow, how pretty are those tracks?
I made my own sound effects as I scrolled through the photos - it's almost like being there... ;)
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 08:00:01 pm »
VMX274, We race a class of "all in pre75" as the numbers arent big, so the 125's, 250's and open bikes are racing each other but lap scored for their individual classes. Its good fun when ya can stay in front of a open classer on a 125. The ages of the riders is the big difference, with young Johan at about 15-16 through to Morley at about the 60 mark. Most of the riders are will over 40 and about 7 or 8 of them over 50. The reason for the big age difference is that a few father/son, father/daugther combinations race in the pre75 class. If the class had everyone on the start line it would be a every full grid but alas for different reasons this never seems to happen. But if it did, my guess would be that the winner of the race would be on a 250 and in his mid 50's. His name, Peter Ploen, and maybe a half a wheel behind would be Morley, then you could toss a coin for third and you could bet you bottom dollar it will be a 125, either Daryl or Bill, but then again maybe Dave(CZ250) or J'ean(expat) on a Husky. Oh ok maybe ya shouldnt bet ya bottom dollar. So far all the names I have mentioned are over 40 (except Dave who is about 35 or so).

Suzuki43, I will get the pictures up that you sent me. I hope ya enjoyed the days racing, OHH and the night before at the "The Shed" ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 08:20:10 pm by DJRacing »

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 08:42:55 pm »
A few other pictures, some of them taken by Suzuki43 and even a couple of Suzuki43 ;D enjoying his day.

I hope you like the pictures Craig ;D ;D

BONEHEAD

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 09:08:27 pm »
absolutely fabulous  ;D i want to have a go!! unreal ;D ;D ;D

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 09:12:23 pm »
Wow as usual  DJ and fellow Kiwi's you are spoilt  but if you like i pegged a track out in the background where that enviromental disaster occurred and when we come come over we could race on that . Make us feel right at home .I'd get way to much traction on that green stuff .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 09:31:27 pm »
Hilly, that burnt off dirty looking plowed up paddock in the background is all yours. Insatidently if anyone wants ta know who is who in any of the pics just ask and I will try my best to give ya all the info.
This track was that good that even us kiwis felt privileged to ride it. But there was a big bad down side to the day though, we had to all go home and work the next day.

Boney, the offer to race over here is always open (this applies to any vmx Ockers), bikes will be supplied and accomodation and transport is just a plane ticket away, so why not become an international VMXer.
 ;D ;D ;D

suzuki43

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 06:16:08 am »
DJ thats gold,cheers mate ;D