Author Topic: Connondale Classic  (Read 15675 times)

STW996

Re: Connondale Classic
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2008, 06:09:47 am »
Hey holeshot your sick of dragging your arse on the ground? try being 5 foot 3 tall it is an everyday thing for me!!!

Doc

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2008, 07:45:38 am »
:D nothin' wrong with being 5 foot 3 inches STW ;)

STW996

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 10:13:45 am »
All in all Doc it is ok except when you fall off your 84 model motocrosser on the side of a off cambered hill and you have to start the thing!!!

But then again it is the average height in Japan!! and I do ride Japanese Bikes ;D ;D

Shane
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:21:55 am by STW996 »

Doc

« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2008, 12:57:26 pm »
hence why my favs are the pre'75s, I don't even look at any mx'er made after 1978. Well I do..lots actually! but eh, for my personal ride bikes, the lower the better :D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 12:59:28 pm by Doc »

STW996

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2008, 02:46:38 pm »
Go along with that mate have a 73 CR250 to restore (all there just needs tidy up) and looking forward to the ride, Hey is it just me or did these bikes seam bigger when we were younger?? the fact that I am short aside ;)

Shane

Doc

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 05:10:26 pm »
 :D my oath they seemed bigger! I remember I had a sore neck from cranking my head around to look at the roost I could create at will when I got my first TS250..but yeah, it felt and seemed BIG!  :o..it was flaming awesome!! (for a 15 year old who'd never had more then 15hp on tap before that is :D) pushing a guys new 465 YZ back to his ute while the ambulance took him away with a badly broken leg. I distinctly remember grabbing the bars and they were as high as my head!...it was bigger than Ben!! :D and they still are!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 05:13:03 pm by Doc »

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 06:23:10 pm »
must be something in that christian name , benefits of being verticley challenged are:

Not suffering from altitude sickness.
 Two nano seconds more to duck from random pigeon poo
Less distance thus velocity to fall when youve had that last poison beer
 An awesome view of tall femme fatales' ;D

I bitched and bitched when the long travel bikes came out. bloody tiptoe on a  rm125 i was .
 Thus why i like pre 75 stuff

Doc

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 07:10:15 pm »
disadvantages being, can't reach up to the top shelf at Woolies, can't reach down to the fuel pump of an old Holden  :D most embarrassing moment due to lack of length was proudly boasting at 17 I could ride any bike no worries  ::) a near new full dresser Goldwing interstate, a cold motor prown to stalling and a nice little gutter right outside of then one of Brizvagas' leading motorcycle dealerships. I was about 6 inches too short on either side :D  :o fug meeee!..big oops!..er..sorry Mr Beaumont sir  ;D incidently on a sad note and getting waaaay off topic sorry but Phil Beaumonts wife died only just recently, anyone who knows Phil and his wife Iris Lee will understand what a rough time she had, what a fighter she was and how she backed Phil all the way in the huge dealerships he'd built up in the 70's/80's. Incidently the ward at the hospital where she died she was to start the following week as a nurse. She had recieved a bedside graduation for her nursing degree only 24 hours before she passed away  :( ..sorry, back to the topic..Connondale  ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 07:21:49 pm by Doc »

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2008, 07:34:22 pm »
atleast we reach one end okay :D

magoo

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2008, 08:50:06 pm »
I don't know what you blokes are talking about

Doc

« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2008, 09:06:21 pm »
eh Magoo..someone such as yourself or Big Loz would have to remember back to about 3 or 4 years of age to relate to the issues we speak of ::) I get a phobia about standing too close to Lozza and a simple game football scared the piss outa me compared to my worst prang ever on a bike  :D

STW996

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2008, 11:32:51 am »
Arr Magoo I need to speak to you old mate eye to fly about the other thread you had going about being quite up this way? remember? some more medicine headed your way next month to old mate :D :D

Sad note to hear of Phil's wife passing on, truely great people.

Shane

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2010, 11:25:10 pm »
Memories and rainy Queensland days ... :)    8)

Conondale Yamaha AORC postponed
Rounds three and four of the 2010 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC) will no longer be held next weekend (May 1st and 2nd) due to heavy rainfall in the Conondale region.
A new date for the rounds will be decided and announced as soon as possible.
The Titan Enduro (rounds five and six of the Yamaha AORC) will go ahead as scheduled on May 29th and 30th at Moruya on the New South Wales South Coast.
The Conondale event was being organised by Motorcycling Australia in conjunction with the Sunshine Coast Motorcycle Club.
Club spokesperson, Rick Madden, said the Green Park venue would have needed “at least three week’s sunshine” to dry out enough to run the event.
“It’s really unfortunate, but we’ve just had too much rain,” he said.
“The property is saturated and it also doesn’t help that a creek divides the motocross track from the bush, which means we have to mark the tracks across the creek and it’s too high, it rose eight inches just today while we were out there.”
Best is in the West !!