Author Topic: Oran Park Moto Mayhem  (Read 4046 times)

magoo

Oran Park Moto Mayhem
« on: November 14, 2007, 06:52:37 pm »
Just a bit of an update on the 2008 Moto Mayhem at Oran Park. It works out that this will be the LAST EVER motocross meeting on the iconic Oran Park circuit before it closes, so it's up to us to make this a meeting to remember. All the finer details will be released soon but it is looking like being the meeting of the year next year. Put late February on your calendar for a meeting to remember. Good thing is it's not too far for either the Victorians or the Queenslanders and all classes from Pre '65 tp Pre '90 will be run to display a full display of Aussie MX history.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Oran Park Moto Mayhem
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 06:56:19 pm »
Hmmmmmm !
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 08:01:58 pm »
If you want Mayhem at a Motocross track, Magoo, I`am your Man!
Couple of CR`s

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 08:13:11 pm »
I like the sound of this one. So, the plan is to run some vintage classes then? Apparently this event went off pretty well last year, so with the good rep it's developed, the potential for more spectators this year, and wide coverage via the media (mags and television), you'd have to say that this would be a brilliant opportunity to get vintage MX in front of the mainstream. Imagine being one of the few that rode at the last MX at Oran Park, AND being splashed all over an ADB spread or being featured on the DVD? Let's know what the plans are when you know more, I have an RM125M that wouldn't mind a damn good thrashing in February...

oz555ktm

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 11:49:06 pm »
Slow  down on the ADB thing .

You cant buy any Dirt bike Mag this month .

Snowy has them all

Thats Snowy #3

firko

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 12:29:38 am »
Lets hope it's not the same date as the Jack Hogg Moruya dirt track!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 06:32:54 am by firko »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 06:30:49 am »
The word from the Moruya guys is that the Jack Hogg will be on, either the 9th or the 16th of Feb (I think they run it on a Saturday). From memory, isn't the Moto Mayhem thing on around the 24th?

magoo

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 05:34:40 pm »
Just another little feeder here. Saturday 23rd February will be free riding, practice and qualifying, with racing on Sunday 24th. Transponders will be supplied so everyone will be able to see how fast / slow they are and results will be instantaneous (did I spell that right?), going on the internet as it happens. A DVD will be produced and with a bit of luck a couple of big name Yanks will be having a go too. Hell, we might even get some Victorians up here (Hoony). This is gonna be good.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 08:59:49 pm »
Wow. Sounds awesome. Qualifiying... I read about that somewhere once...  :)
And Pre-90! Hopefully the CR will be going, and I'll have worked out how to ride it by then.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 10:31:09 pm »
If its anything like the last (final) Amaroo meeting in 98 it should bring all the old VMXers out of hiding. I have heard the owners of Oran park were looking at building another motorsport complex at a not to distant location, is there any truth in that? Still don't know why Eastern creek doesn't have an MX track.

mx250

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 11:14:44 pm »
I have heard the owners of Oran park were looking at building another motorsport complex at a not to distant location, is there any truth in that?
I heard Wilton, but I'll believe it when I see it - Wakefield Park had no end of objections and that's at Goulburn dealing with 'country fork'. What's Wilton gonna be like with all the yumpie tree hugging city soliticors enjoying their rural splendor.

Still don't know why Eastern creek doesn't have an MX track.
I believe it was planned, but that fact that they spend millions on a drag strip and don't build a $50,000 MX track probably tells you something about the organisation and lobbying ability of dear old MA  ::)