Author Topic: The new site  (Read 2228 times)

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
The new site
« on: November 18, 2009, 07:11:50 PM »
Does the new site come with an instruction manual?????

Would I read it anyway ????

I can't seem to get any photos to download and I can't follow comments threads associated with posted photos. 

Graeme, is it possible to paste a photo into a comment on some-one else's photo???  Or will that remain the domain of this forum ????

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: The new site
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:39:49 PM »
Graeme,

Just tried to send you a message on the new site......nuffin apnd  ??? :P :-[ :'(

via the old technology, the message is.....

Graeme,

Photo download seems to go no-where and I can't work out why ???

Is there any way to let members on-line that you want to chat.  Its easy to see who is on-line, but I can't work out how to get them on to the chat page ????

Cheers

Chris

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 08:41:41 PM »
Have you joined and/ or signed in?

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:29:32 PM »
Hi Chris,

Well, I'm not sure quite what you are asking, but I'll try to explain.

Photos are able to be added once you are signed on. To add a photo, just go to the Photos page and click the Add Photos link on the upper right. Then just follow your nose. It works fine and seems very easy, so I don't think I can say anymore than that.

Comments for photos appear underneath the photos once you are actually viewing them. And that's where you add a comment too. If you are looking at the latest activity on the main page, click the word 'comment' to see the comments - where it says Joe Blow commented on Humpty Dumpty's photo.

To chat to someone you need them to be online. You can send them a message like on the Forum. Just go to their member page and choose Send a Message on the left. That will turn up in their Inbox. You could for example invite them to come online at a later time. The other option is to wait until they are online and send them a private message (click their name in the chat room and select Private Chat). I think though that it depends on them actually looking at the chat room and seeing the message. I am not sure if any sort of alert is issued to them. So it is a bit clumsy I think, but much the same as most chat rooms.

Does this help at all?

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:59 AM »
Graeme,

Thanks

Had been following the add photo thread.  Tried again today.  It worked first up when I only tried to upload 1 photo.  As soon as I tried multiple photo upload, she no go ..... ???

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 06:18:24 PM »
Graeme, just found the path under settings and privacy... a bit convoluted... but how can individual phots then be put into the public arena from my albums ???

ps  you weren't on the chat page...I spent 10 minutes talking to myself  ::)  ::)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 07:00:20 PM »

...I spent 10 minutes talking to myself  ::)  ::)

me too  :D
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 08:32:17 PM »
hAve i missed somthing what new site ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »
hAve i missed somthing what new site ?

This one Freaky,
http://ausvmx.ning.com/
Cheers, Mick.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 09:45:35 AM »
Graeme, how can I get my "Add Comments" to register.  I type in the rectangle, then hit the "Add Comment" button....zilch....have made about 10 brazillian comments, but none show.....does that mean the recipient doesn't want them displayed????  But that would not be consistent with Rob Shoemaker's site, nor my own (when I made a comment to a comment).

??? ??? ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\ >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »
Hmmm... it just mustn't like you!  I don't have any problems doing that and doesn't appear to be happening for anyone else, so I don't know what is happening there. I'll check it out later at lunchtime maybe and see what I can find out, but it should just happen as you describe. Note though that sometimes it takes a few minutes for something to show up, quite why I don't know, but there are LOTS of Ning sites with LOTS of members so there's a lot going on at any one time.