Author Topic: tt 500 oil  (Read 1301 times)

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
tt 500 oil
« on: November 22, 2009, 08:51:35 am »
How much oil do you need in a tt500 ,that is , how much in the oil tank not including the motor ?
I'm building a tank for my 500 motor in a husky frame and I need to know how much it needs to hold ( see... Husqvarna: " Re-spray ")
 Also does anyone know of a good oil cooler to use? this will also reduce the size of tank capacity required.

Roger

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: tt 500 oil
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 09:21:00 am »
I don't think you need to be crazy scientific, make the biggest tank you have space for, my HL carries about 1.2 litres.
formerly Marc.com

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 12:08:29 pm »
..........yeah, considering they wet sump these motors, I didn't think it would be much, as long as you can keep it a bit cool.

Roger

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 04:43:24 pm »
I have never bothered to measure the capacity of the tank I made for my Husky framed 500, but would hazard a guess of about 1.5 to 2 L. I used to run a Lochart oil cooler but found that it kept getting knocked about, so I removed it. Since the oil tank is mounted on the LH side of the bike and fills the area where the std Husky pipe used to go, it gets a lot more air flow than the std XT/TT500 oil tank (frame) I rekon that the tank itself will disipate the heat fairly well as it has a fairly large surface area.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 05:47:22 pm »
Thanks Col, I'm putting my tank in the same spot,so hopefully it will hold enough oil   ;D ;D

Roger