Author Topic: Courier options in Aust  (Read 3761 times)

gerpster

Courier options in Aust
« on: November 18, 2009, 05:32:36 pm »
Just had an interesting experience getting a large car part (rear louvre) from Brisbane to Canberra. After either no go or costing too much with some couriers and bus freight etc (quotes of $85-$120 for a free car part!!) I used the e-go web site and was amazed to get a depot to depot quote of $16!!! (a bike seat with Aussie post usually costs me $15!!).

Part arrived for pick up in 3 days intact, no hassles. Might be worth checking out for bike parts too.

No I have no relationship with the site but am always looking for good cheap bike parts courier options as the parts I want are always interstate!!!!!!    :-\

http://www.e-go.com.au/home.do

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:34:10 pm by GregACT »

TwoTees

Re: Courier options in Aust
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 05:54:33 pm »
Greg
Where is their depot in Canberra? I need to send $10 worth of parts to Narromine and its going to cost the other guy heaps. I might give em a go.
Chris

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 07:11:12 pm »
i had a quick look, but couldnt figure out the subrurb part ont he quick quote bit, any idea how to get that bit ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

gerpster

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:24:20 pm »
having issues posting my reply ..getting a server error
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:30:04 pm by GregACT »

ianscr250

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 03:11:01 pm »
hahahaha i just did a quote online with ego for a bike from sydney to perth

quote Service Type  Est. Delivery Time (Guide Only)  Price (One Way Trip) 
 Road Freight  5 - 9 Days  $115274.39 
* Prices include GST 
* Transit times are listed in working days and should be used as a guide only.
Deliveries to country towns can sometimes incur additional days.

notice the price  dam expensive bike hey

gerpster

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 07:29:49 pm »
I keep getting server errors in here so am givin gup.....

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 10:39:41 pm »
Did you actually use them before ? has anyone got it to work there site sux arse, i cant get it to work.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 11:30:10 pm »
I've used e-go plenty of times and 'never had a problem with them', 30KG's cost $26 one way from Brisbane. With shipping you must understand that a van, truck, ship, plane, container or even your lunch box, only has a certain volume or weight that can be moved. Which is understandable as freight companies work on IIRC 160kgs per cubic metre at $36 a kg(or thereabouts), so to move that massive box of feathers will cost a fortune because of the volume.
Using the above example of a bike from Sydney to Perth, broken into components Frame,forks, wheels, engine, tank/seat/mudguards.
Engine and seat maybe in a plastic tub, ditto the tank and guards, wheels wrapped in cardboard, bare frame with forks/swing arm attached. All those shipped would be something like $300-400. 
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 06:20:38 am »
we have such a good bike and parts mover  member on this forum
You forgot to state who and how to contact them if needed. Little reminders like that go a long way  ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 01:41:27 pm »
I just cant get the online thing to wrork no matter how many feilds i fill in its always the postcode bit that locks up and shit's itself.

IF TBM went that far up the coast for 1 box walter id use it, but its not about cheap its about access.  just a bit too heavy for aussie, aint that always the way.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:45:02 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 02:30:48 pm »
Unique Express they are out of perth.  Bike in parts place it on a pallett they shrink wrap it, Brisbane to Perth $350.00, got that quote this morning (for a little project!!lol)

They did a bike for me earlier this yr, had the bike taken into the depot, they put it in a framework, Brisbane to Perth quote $650.  When it got here they charges me $500.  Brilliant  Three days is all it took.  If you take the bike in already packed would cost a $100 less

The lady in Perth to speak to is Anita, she is so helpful
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250