Author Topic: CR250RB for $600  (Read 5570 times)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: CR250RB for $600
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 04:47:23 pm »
Nice Mark hope I find one like that one day thanks, Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 11:56:23 pm »
i had one back in november 0f 1980 had some honda conections back then they had lots of problems first ride smashed the botom of the pipe it was lower than the bottom of the frame honda gave me a diffrent pipe that didnt run so low two weeks later the gear box went bang again honda replaced all the gear box parts this happened a total of four times each time they sent the parts back to japan the last time they replaced the complete gear box all shafts input and out put , the selector drum all bearings  ect the selector drum was to blame  so i was told  . the last straw for me was when the shock hose come of the shock id had two big crashes  because of the gear box locking and the other when the rear shock hose went when the bike did go it was great winning all the club days i went in and two opens in c grade  but to many dnfs forked the year for me

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 11:44:39 am »
Well Doc says they are stone cold reliable but yours had never ending problems, its a bit of a lottery really. Anyway I wish all my bikes showed up in one piece and ran.
formerly Marc.com