Author Topic: Bennett Honda  (Read 3306 times)

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
Bennett Honda
« on: October 23, 2009, 12:13:48 pm »
I'm trying to find out how many MR175 hondas were imported in '77,I spoke to Honda Australia,but they took over after 1991 and have no previous records.
My question is .....Does anyone know of somebody who may have worked at Bennett Honda during the mid '70s or someone who would have knowledge of any import records for that time ?

Roger

colmoody

Re: Bennett Honda
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 09:27:40 pm »
I worked at Bennets in Mascot for a year or two in the sixtys. As well as being importer and distributor they had a showroom and retailed from the same address (gardners rd mascot). At the time Col Evans was the salesman (retail) there. Col went onto open a Honda shop with Roy East at Blacktown where they traded for a good many years into and during the seventy's. Col maybe able to help.

Dont know where he is now but George Pyne (Harrys Brother) was the Sales Manager at the time so if you could locate him he may be able to help.

If your struggling with any of the above pm me .

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:44:26 am »
Thanks Col,if anyone knows how to contact any of these blokes, please let me know because I wouldn't know where to start.    ??? ??? ???

Roger

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 05:17:27 pm »
Not trying to be rude,Yuma;but I would start with the telephone book.Kind regards,paul.
what ! Who me ? Nah

colmoody

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 06:19:43 pm »
YUMASTEPSIDE, I sent you an email about a week ago but sounds like you did'nt get it. Please pm me with a yey or ney.
Col

firko

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 06:55:36 pm »
Col Evans lives on the Gold Coast. His son Glenn blitzed everyone on Cols Metisses at the Barleigh Ranch DT Nats a month or so ago. Old Col was there but he didn't look too healthy. Prostate I believe.

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:46:47 pm »
Thanks Col, I thought that I had replied but have sent one now

Roger