Author Topic: Any leg breakers in NZ?  (Read 3152 times)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Any leg breakers in NZ?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 05:12:38 pm »
Te Atatu is just down the road,however person selling bike is in Wellsford 70km to North. Ian cr last comment is correct phone police if you can prove.A VMX guy here did deals with gas gas leases for the enduro have you followed up with him?
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 07:01:55 pm »
first of inform trademe that the bike is not owned by the seller
second ring the local police within the district and inform them that the bike has not been sold as moneies are still owed and im sure they will drop by for a visit

Do you have any documents to say you bought it or Aussie registration papers. If you have then immediately report it to the NZ police as stolen.

That means the thief has to prove legal ownership, the bike will be impounded, you will finally get it back if you have proof that you legally owned it. 
formerly Marc.com

TooFastTim

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 07:29:13 pm »
I suspect that the one in the pic is mine. If it is that it is for sale is good news AFAIK. It means that I might get my money. If he sells it it saves me the bother.

Reading the replies (thanks guys) I reckon the best bet is to send a letter of demand and see what transpires.

TooFastTim

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 02:48:53 pm »
Update, seems threatening letters will not be necessary (yet) he's making a concillatory gesture.