Author Topic: Coffs Classic Dirt Track  (Read 3228 times)

no.13

Coffs Classic Dirt Track
« on: November 09, 2007, 05:12:55 pm »
Gidays guys have just confirmed that the Club is going again with this event.Date is 15th---16th of March 2008.We have done our best to not clash with anyone else and this is way good notice so dont give me we left it to the last minute to tell you. Proposed format is Trials display on Saturday morning on the MX track. Dirt Track on Saturday afternoon and night under lights. We may combine our normal Club riders with this meeting so they get a rare opportunity to race under lights, and we may run 1 or 2 rounds on Sunday still in planning stages but the date is out there. Not sure why I keep doing this (maybe so I dont have to do the travelling)

magoo

Re: Coffs Classic Dirt Track
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 05:32:26 pm »
Great news Donnie, if you keep this organisation stuff up you'll end up with no hair!!!!
We all know how slack we all are so as a remark of respect for one of the most passionate and generous organisers / riders in VMX maybe it might be a good idea for us all to get behind this fantastic event and try something different, enter before the shut-off date.
After going to Coffs twice this year you will not find a better venue than this one, it's up to us to make it an event to remember. I for one can't wait.

firko

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 06:11:04 pm »
 We wouldn't miss it for quids. After experiencing the effort that Donny and his hard working club put into the Nats this will have to be worth attending. Good luck with it Donny.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 06:15:13 pm by firko »

Doc

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 06:22:31 pm »
Ditto to Firko's comments and looking forward to it Donny  :)

will have to see if I can talk the Baker into riding a spare bike this time :P

Rosco400

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 08:48:39 pm »
Good notice in advance Don, can we get a 2008 calender happening now so clubs can organise around VDT & VMX nats, coffs classic dirt, CRC etc, it does go hand in hand with the "where are the old blokes" thread ;), the calender is available
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 09:55:30 pm by Rosco400 »

magoo

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 08:53:24 pm »
The events as I see it so far are Jack Hogg in early February, Coffs Dirt Track in March, Classic Dirt end of April, Tassie Nats Early June, Conondale Classic early August. That's a starter.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 11:52:30 pm »
Sounds good to me ;) ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

no.13

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 03:46:14 pm »
Been noticing a fair bit of comment about my hair lately but you would think that at 6 foot 8 inches my height would be what captures your attention??

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 05:17:24 pm »
If you were 6foot 8 some of us wouldn't be able to see the top of your head so wouldn't notice how much hair you had  :) Darcy
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Doc

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 07:37:59 pm »
I couldn't help it..here's a pic, Donny on the right with some old Zundapp enthusiast he befriended at the Nats  :P

no.13

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 04:29:38 pm »
Giday Doc he was a lovely old bloke to talk to, taught me so much as well that I went on to win a TITLE.   RETRACTION---RETRACTION just got word that we had to do a date change to the 8th---9th of March do to the Club being involved in a 5 way moto-x.

Doc

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 06:36:51 pm »
whoa! a date change!!  :o Well!! that's just great no.13..now I'll have to go and re-plan my whole itinerary :P it just so happens I do have that weekend spare also 8)

per chance are you riding in the pre70 250 Don? I was thinking of running the 69 TS  8)   

no.13

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 07:59:06 am »
Giday Doc yes ---maybe, Russell picked up a 69 ts at Wagga its complete but will need a rebuild so we will see?