Author Topic: This Sunday @ Narrogin  (Read 3852 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
This Sunday @ Narrogin
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:03:03 pm »
Yep the West Aussies are out in force this Sunday 18th to roll off the last home VMX Event for 2009.
VMXWA is the leading body actively promoting Vintage Motocross in Western Australia .  The Club runs a full winter calendar from March through to around October.  The tracks used by the Club include natural terrain and established 70's era tracks, ideally suited to VMX racing. Racing is low-key with the emphasis on restoring, riding and enjoying your 'vintage' machinery. 

Introducing the sport to Western Australia in 1995, VMXWA set out to recreate the sights, sounds, smell and camaraderie of the 'golden years on motocross' - the 60's and 70's. The underlying theme in Vintage Motocross is "the spirit of the era". You won't find any modern "obstacles" on a VMX track, but you will find mud, dirt, dust, hills and a group of riders who love the sport and the bikes they ride.

VMXWA is exclusively pre-75 era, so if you own a trail or dirt bike, solo or sidecar built before December 31st 1974, with no more than 7" front wheel travel and 4" rear wheel travel, then it's eligible for vintage motocross with VMXWA.
www.vmxwa.com

cheers and have a great weekend  8)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:13:11 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: This Sunday @ Narrogin
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 04:53:25 pm »
won't be able to amke it this weekend, no bike to ride again!!!!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 12:41:28 am »

Us either  :(  we had MX today, boy child won the South West Interclub Series 125cc/250cc under 16's,so we came home with trophy and our local Collie Club won the Champion Team,so good season for MX for us lot  8)
One MX to go and then its some VMX racing on the Bridgetown Oval @ there local show day  21st Nov :P
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 06:07:29 pm »

Us either  :(  we had MX today, boy child won the South West Interclub Series 125cc/250cc under 16's,so we came home with trophy and our local Collie Club won the Champion Team,so good season for MX for us lot  8)
One MX to go and then its some VMX racing on the Bridgetown Oval @ there local show day  21st Nov :P
cheers

the boy has got a good teacher, he'll do well if he keeps listening to Steve
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 12:19:09 pm »
Sunday at Narrogin was hot and dry....with some dust kept down by the duelling watertruck drivers Frank and Steve...not sure what is happening at other clubs...but yesterday was the last club event for the year and we had 10 new members turn up....!!! just on 50 riders for the day...amazing :)

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 01:18:40 pm »
I think the wind took care of most of the dust, Marc and I left with both bikes broken  :( :( :( :(
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 01:47:53 pm »
I think the wind took care of most of the dust, Marc and I left with both bikes broken  :( :( :( :(

You seem to have had as much luck as I have had with my bikes this season.  they are both having surgery!lol
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 02:11:23 pm »
Sunday at Narrogin was hot and dry....with some dust kept down by the duelling watertruck drivers Frank and Steve...not sure what is happening at other clubs...but yesterday was the last club event for the year and we had 10 new members turn up....!!! just on 50 riders for the day...amazing :)

Great boost of confidence in the pre75 era with new members like that at the last club meet. :-*
On ya Frank and Steve water wizards....Great Stuff.
See you at Bridgetown Show on the 21st for the pre75's guest appearance.  8)
 cheers
Best is in the West !!

felix7

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 06:13:58 pm »
Graham Taylor (No.135) took a tumble at Narrogin yesterday and ended up at the town's hospital with four broken ribs. He's on the mend but isn't accepting any jokes because it hurts too much.
Charlie Thomas says Graham, who may or may not be aged 71, was hot down the straight on his CCM chasing Brain Watson. But Brian's Husky seized and Graham took evasive action and ended up over the berm into a ditch and collected his right side chest on the way to the ground.
A fellow rider took Graham's Land Cruiser and caravan home while Graham and wife Gwen were chauffeured.
Charlie says Graham's on the mend and timed it well because that was VMXWA's last run until March. plenty of time to get better, Graham!
All the best.
- Felix

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 06:19:34 pm »
Felix - ta for the update glad he will be OK - bloody Huskies again  ;D

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 06:25:03 pm »
two legends down in one season with broken ribs (Bill and Graham).  Now I only cracked mine this year so I'm definitely not going fast enough.  Lucky we're over 55 otherwise we might get a little bit serious..

Glad to hear he was able to generally walk away, poor way to finish the season, just wondering how much he wants for the CCM.

Barry
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 07:44:40 pm »
Thanks for the report..much appreciated felix
Just rang G&G -he says he doesn't like "kickin the pickets"  ;D 
He'll probably have a go at Bridgetown in 6 weeks,if all is well.  8)
cheers and thanks
Best is in the West !!