Author Topic: TonyD style front guard..used  (Read 1080 times)

DR

TonyD style front guard..used
« on: October 06, 2009, 12:36:10 pm »
I'm looking for a TonyD style front guard preferably in yellow or white but will take what comes along. Doesn't have to be new and as a matter of fact old and used is probably better as it will be painted regardless, just so long as it isn't kinked or broken and it's the TonyD type or replica I'm intersted ;) 2 would be even betterer but that's bein' a bit greedy :P thanks

actually I just looked and even the vented type are good also as the rear of the guard will need to be chopped off :P ain't gonna leave much is it, it's all about weight saving :D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:43:35 pm by Doc »

CamP

Re: TonyD style front guard..used
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 01:38:01 pm »
I know DC Plastics makes a repro Tony D fender, although I can't tell you how good it is. 

DR

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 01:52:49 pm »
hmmm..well that's something..thanks Cam. I know I can still buy them new (for a mere zillion clams) occassionally on fleabay US but paint/filler will stick far better to a weathered surface hence I reckon used is the go in this instance :) Stillmoto did a replica of sorts also though I think it's these that were vented..either will work..

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 02:25:28 pm »
I reckon I've got at least one, will have a look tonight and report back.
Cheers,
K

CamP

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 03:06:33 pm »
Here's a pic of what Vintage Suzuki is selling for $65US. Vintage Iron has it for $59. Don't quote me on it but I think they may be DC Plastics fender. DC sells theirs for $54US. DC offers it in Suzuki and Yamaha yellow.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 06:19:17 pm »
I got a brand new one from Vintage Plastics in NSW for $110 delivered. Pricey but excellent quality. Jerry PS I think their also called Mainly Maico

DR

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 07:13:49 pm »
mmm..the new ones are nice but a little pricey for my needs as it really does have to be painted to match the rest of the bike. Was thinking more along the lines of $20 -$25 or so :-\ :P  thanks BigK

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 08:34:19 pm »
I have 3 DeStefano style front mudguards, one is a Preston petty and slightly different but along similar lines. It's the best one but the other 2 will be fine for what you want if you're going to paint them. Send me your email address, I'll send a photo and you can decide which ones you want.
Cheers,
K