Author Topic: Said & done. Stuff happens.  (Read 4358 times)

Quicksilver

Said & done. Stuff happens.
« on: November 08, 2007, 09:30:12 am »
Most members know I had an off a few months ago.  I played down the true extent of my injuries on forum, just a little  ;). Long story made short after few months of fighting with family over my entry into VMX I have folded and got to agree with Doctors and missus. It wont happen now. Those of you who know me personally are aware of the full details.

In short. Im keeping my CR125m. RM125a, XR75, MR50, still hope to find CR250m one day. These bikes will be restored and ridden ( on farm  ) 2 or 3 times a year.

Everthing else I have will be sold off. Hopefully to blokes who will take them out a flog the shit out them on the VMX race days.

One long term VMX veteran has suggested the classic dirt show scene as a way to keep involved without the pain. I will certainly be looking into this a lot harder.

Re: Said & done. Stuff happens.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 09:49:09 am »
Sorry to hear that, Quicksilver - its the scenario we all fear and well we all know that shit does happen.  I hope you mend properly and that you fill the time you have to forego racing old bikes with something else as much fun (if that's possible).  And at least you get to keep a few toys.

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 10:12:37 am »
Sort of kind of know how you feel Quicky. I thought I would be getting back on a bike by now (broke my leg at Coff's in may)But no I'm going back into hospital next week to have it opened up again. ??? There are days I sit under the house looking at the bikes thinking should I just give it up and go back sailing. Then start working on one of those projects that have been in the shed a couple of years and fall in luv with the bikes again. The up side to it all is. They say chicks dig scares. By the time I get back on a bike I'll be right in there with all the chicks ::)(as if) Darcy
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Doc

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 07:34:43 pm »
yeah Quicky sorry to hear about your misfortune. I've got probs myself but there's no Mrs or kids to harp at me..mind you, I do have an ex and she is beginning to really get pissed and spaz about all the bikes everywhere.. ::) I just dunno how that happened  :-X..seems the less you ride the more toys you can collect.. ;D cheers and I hope it all pans out okay for ya   :)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 07:42:41 pm »
Jeez Quickie... I thought you were just grizzling because you were out of action.
See you at CD5?
No, let me try that again: We will see you at CD5. ;)

I still want my Husky back, if you've still got it.

I'll call you tomorrow.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 10:26:22 pm »
Quickie, speaking as someone who can't ride anymore, that is no reason to lose interest in the old bikes and most especially the old mates you have. :)

There is indeed a lot more to this than just riding sometimes. ;)

Quicksilver

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 07:04:34 am »
For sure. ;D  The passion and interest in bikes will never leave me.  Keeping contact with buddies ive made through the forum also high on my list of to do's.

I'll be sure to try out the scare trick on the chicks.  ;D. Give my little lady something else to harp on  :P

Offline dirttracker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 07:11:08 am »
what we might have to do is send you over the states and use you as some sort of vmx parts mule
 matt.

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 05:23:19 pm »
Quickie ...lifes a bitch , good to see you are still keeping part of your collection  :) Yeah had a chat with the Doctor today and I 've gotta slow down was the short story( Bikes & Brocken Bones ) . TF the old girl wasn't listening or there would be a garage sale on this weekend  :o 

Doc

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 06:35:46 pm »
I still haven't ridden since doing my back (again) in June. It's come as good as it gets now but I really need to back off at work a bit as that's what's doing the damage ::) I always argued with myself that work was interfering with my social life too much but I just didn't listen  :-\ Doc said I may best be advised to give the bikes a wide berth..I said "huh?..oh..yeah okay"..yeah right I thought!! Flamin' idiot quacks! I'll give up work before I give up bikes!! So far so good except for the fact I still haven't ridden 6 months  :-[
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 06:38:41 pm by Doc »

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 06:43:14 pm »
Hey Doc, which Doc are you listening too ;) ;D ???
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 06:47:00 pm »
Geeze, ya gotta die of something  so it may aswell  be something you like doing.
 I wasnt suppose to be  able to ride or do SFA after  a car crash  when i was 19.. stuff that for a joke . after the casts were off and stitches removed i took my 750 waterbottle  for a nice sliding session in the forest and never looked back. Doctors dont know everything ,, well unless its Doc and early suzukis are the subject ;D

Do whatever you feel you can quicky and lean on the rules just a litle at a time  ;)

Doc

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 07:52:47 pm »
eh Pokey, I wish! enough knowledge to keep things rolling is about it  ;)

DJ, Doctors (of the quack type)..they take all your money and still don't tell you what you'd like to hear..most inconsiderate of them!! Hence I listen but that's about all :( there's a little quote on the McCook site I'm looking for..be back when I find it  :P

ah..here it be..Courtesy of http://www.mccookracing.com/index.htm

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW, what a ride !!!"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 07:55:15 pm by Doc »