Author Topic: New Nth Qld  (Read 1526 times)

ports

New Nth Qld
« on: October 03, 2009, 04:32:30 pm »
Gidday
Just joined the site to learn a bit more about the sport in my area of Nth Qld and get a feel for the clubs etc. I'm 40 and haven't raced since I was 19 and a bit wary of starting up again if it is too competitive. I have a YZ250N 85 that is tidy and in the process of doing up a very tired YZ250H to maybe race, it has needed nearly every part replaced (expensive resto).

Have looked around the site and have picked up some valuable information.
Cheers
Ports

dave

Re: New Nth Qld
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 05:22:48 pm »
a bit wary of starting up again if it is too competitive.
Cheers
Ports
Welcome ports. If your worried don't be! My first race back I adopted the philosophy of just finishing my first race. Next race I tried not to finish last etc etc. Just try and have fun and don't take it too seriously  ;) ;) ;)

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 05:50:09 pm »
Hi Ports
What part of NQ are we talking. There is a group around Gladstone/Rocky. Another group im Proserpine/Mackay who organise the yearly classic and a few rides at places like Gum Valley and then the FNQ boys at Townsville and Cairns. I'm in Mackay and glad to lend a hand. Obviously living in NQ you'll know its vastness. How many Southerns drive 3ook just to get to the next town.
NQ Rosco.
Ross Gillespie.

ports

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:27:18 pm »
Thanks
Yep I'll definitely be taking it steady as I'm just getting over a pinned ankle from a prang.
Rosco I'm from Whitsunday and was contacted by the Whitsunday club to participate just recently...but was pretty bombed up from the surgery on the ankle and didn't take too much in.
 I wasn't aware there were so many clubs in Nth Qld which is great and the places you quoted I travel to regularly with my work, so I'll have to find out dates etc. I hope to have my YZ250H going within 2 months.....Just waiting for a conrod and clutch assembly.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 12:46:10 am »
Welcome Ports. Whitsunday... 8)....Hey we have just been there... :P..
Top spot , out the back of Proserpine there is a nice little paddock to cut up next August,, all class's catered for,camping,food,wine,good folks,dust,cow pads and more  :o
That Rosco86 fellow can show you some awesome old photos and some real nice bikes too boot  :-* 8)
hope you heal fast.
enjoy
Best is in the West !!

ports

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 12:53:27 pm »
Thanks VMX
Looking forward to getting into it and intend to get back on a bike within the next 2 weeks......without the wife watching
Ports

ports

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 12:57:55 pm »
Might be a stupid question?? But how do you post pictures of bikes??
Ports

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 05:51:37 pm »
Hey Ports. Welcome to the group. I'm down the coast a little in Rockhampton. I'm up in Prossie every August for the Classic week-end. Darcy #674
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning