Author Topic: Don Castro's factory Triumph is up for sale  (Read 1477 times)

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
Don Castro's factory Triumph is up for sale
« on: September 29, 2009, 01:30:11 pm »
For those of you into old American Flat track bikes i noticed that Don Castro's factory Triumph with the Tracey (hippy style) glass is up for sale. Along with a very nice Boss fromed Harley.

http://www.sideburnmag.blogspot.com/

The Triumph is in the background on one of the ebay pictures and looks as though it will have it's own ebay slot soon. There is heaps of cool bikes on us.ebay at the moment.

Cheers,
Steve
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Don Castro's factory Triumph is up for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 03:39:08 pm »
DonZilla from Metro racing is selling his Boss framed MX 250, i know he has a shit load of NOS spares so keep ya eyes peeled.

Don castro's old montessa went up a while back on ebay , prity canned and sold for peanuts. like $1500 from memory.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 04:08:55 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 04:11:13 pm »
The Sideburn magazine blog Steve posted is a part of one of the best flat track magazines around. Sideburn is a small format pommy mag that idolises the American flat track culture. It's a bit expensive and I think you may need to subscribe but if you're in Sydney you can get it over the counter at Deux ex Machina.

Doesn't Don from Metro own that cool Sonic framed DT1 for sale on VFT as well as the Trackmaster Triumph with the Tracy bodywork? Metro must be going down again!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 12:14:26 am »
YEp, you mean his neil keen looking rigid ?   Dons mentioned around the forums hes cutting a few bikes, but hes got a lot, last i saw he had a stack of bikes including DT1 you mention all resto in MX, Rigid, sprung and all manner of other things in there.  I think he may be going down another path,  seems a few of the US guys are cleaning house and levelling out after the eco - correction.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 10:55:13 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 10:55:53 am »
Firko i am impressed with the sideburn mags/blog and wish we had a burgeoning scene for fat 19" shod bikes to slide around on. Still working toward hanging at the back of the pack on my astro, maybe next season if all turns out ok. I like how the Euro scene search out horse race tracks and then lobby to hold race meets there. How cool would it be to load up the ute and head off to a race meet in a different country on the weekends.

Another good blog i stumbled across is this one, some awesome old photo's, but not entirely FT.

http://pwheelie.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Steve

Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info