Author Topic: MAGOO FUNERAL  (Read 3208 times)

firko

MAGOO FUNERAL
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:44:44 pm »
MAGOOS FAREWELL

Bruce’s funeral will be held at 2:30pm Monday 1st March at Forest Lawn, Leppington NSW
Let's hope as many can show up to send ol' Magoo out in style.

suzuki43

Re: MAGOO FUNERAL
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:50:18 pm »
Flight booked,see you there brother.
Lets honour the Legend by being there .

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:41:31 am »
Do you think 'Forest Lawn' would mind if we put on a small 'grass track' event to really send Magoose off in a style that people would never forget? You know the big fella would love it!!   ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:45:45 am by vmx42 »
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Mark Austin

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 06:52:08 pm »
 :(

The reception will be held after the service at the Camden Valley Golf Resort.
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=golf+club&sll=-34.01642,150.785165&sspn=0.026928,0.038581&ie=UTF8&radius=1.1&rq=1&ev=zi&hq=golf+club&hnear=&ll=-34.011368,150.779629&spn=0.026929,0.038581&t=h&z=15&iwloc=B

We have to send young Magoo off in the style to which we have all become accustomed - a few beers and some VMX bikes. Now who's going to bring a Red Devil for Brucie to ride off into the VMX sunset?...

Cheers,
Mark

firko

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 10:21:28 am »
Magoos funeral today...come along and see a good bloke off in style......

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 10:23:24 am »
I still can't believe it, I'll be there. :(
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 01:18:30 pm by E74 »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 05:38:53 pm »
We have to send young Magoo off in the style to which we have all become accustomed - a few beers and some VMX bikes.
Cheers,
Mark

Was thinkin of ya, Did you have a stylist send off for Magoosta as far as send off's can go ? 8)
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 07:57:16 pm »
Just back from Magoos funeral. Literally hundreds of friends and relatives saw Bruce out with a truly moving funeral. The chapel was overflowing to the point that easily three quarters of the mourners were outside, some standing in the drizzly rain. Bruces wife Anne and his great mate Greg Boyd did themselves proud with eulogies that evoked both tears and laughs..he was that kind of bloke.

After the service we all adjourned to the Camden Valley Country Club for a decent old drink for a bloke who enjoyed a decent old drink! It was a testiment to Bruces impact on our sport to see so many VMXers from all over the country and New Zealand swapping yarns and reliving so many of Magoos escapades. Listing the names of those in attendance would take a whole page and then some but two fellow racers who have recently survived similar battles deserve a mention. Former HEAVEN president Mick Lillis looked especially well after being to hell and back health wise and Montesa legend Billy Brown was a picture of health after having a malignant kidney removed only a few months ago. The sadness of losing our friend Bruce is relieved a bit in the knowledge that Mick and Bill are still with us.

Bruce'Magoo' McFarland packed a lot into his 50 short years and bought untold joy to those who loved him. He won't be easily forgotten.

Thanks Magoo.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 08:12:38 pm »
Thanks for the report Firko. Sounds like you Guys gave Magoo a fitting send off .
Imagine if all the friends that he's made in those 50 years turned up ?
There would have been a crowd there like "Woodstock" was on again.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 08:35:26 am »
I have never been to a funeral with a bigger turn out. It was a true mark of respect for Magoo.
He would have been proud [and maybe a bit humbled], but he also would have had a laugh at all his old VMX mates in their suits.

At  the end of the service the priest was saying a few words and trying to sum up Bruce's life. He commented that he wasn't sure how to to finish… it was at this moment that I thought that a CR480 firing up outside would have been really fitting. It would have bit of irreverence that Bruce would have really enjoyed.

A great send off. Lots of emotions. Lots of laughs and more than a few beers consumed.
Godspeed Bruce! You really were one of a kind.
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

suzuki43

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 07:03:34 pm »
Just made it back from my trip across the ditch to mourn the passing of a truly good buggar and good mate.
I wasn't surprised by the massive turn out.Bruce was a real pied piper in VMX and had no enemies (Bathurst police excepted  ;)).
Thanks to the boys for making a difficult day bearable,with a special cherio to Marty O'Show,the legendary Evil Rudy,Red Dog the co-pilot,Firko and the Klub K gang.

Lets keep Magoo in our hearts and memory.