Author Topic: Number plates  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Nitram

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Number plates
« on: December 04, 2007, 11:41:09 pm »
Does anyone know where I can get the universal-type ordinary oval green racing number plates  ?  They used to around the shops in packets of three, but I can't seem to find any.
Thanks,
Nitram

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Number plates
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 01:17:23 pm »
Search under go Karts i picked up 3 new 250cc green ones for $10 plus $4 postage

Thats like $4 each and already the right colour !  the same ebayer sells them in yellow and black from memory too.

oooh and the seller was in AUst so you might be able to pick up.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 08:05:40 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 01:31:33 pm »
Your local shop should be able to order them in from MCA. Stupidly expensive for what they are (about $13/each), but it is the simple solution.

Pretty sure you can buy better looking ones from Mainly Maico for a similar price.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

oz555ktm

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 07:40:57 pm »

Call Husky Parts have Oval and square .

Green and Yellow .

Has heaps in stock .

I was Looking at them on the week end .

Offline Nitram

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 09:47:15 pm »
Many thanks fellas,

That's plenty to work with.

ta,

Nitram :) :)

Doc

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 10:08:27 pm »
Nathan MCS failed me last time I tried for yellow and green in oval..heaps of square  and black or white oval so I bought one of the later white oval and off to Mitre10, scored a metre of contact vinyl, cut some ovals and now have green plates with white outer edge..just to be different 8)

YZ360A

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 10:18:33 am »
Try Scott Wilson at http://concourseparts.com.au/ or call 0244231215 b.h. as he manufactures new oval plates. These are injection moulded in white, yellow and opaque (clear) very worksy lookin. They are a exact replica of the Yamaha yz, mx number plates and they are of top quality.
I think he's also going to mould green soon. They look great with contact applied for your application.

Scott is also in the process of manufacturing new gaurds and side plates for may yamaha applications. I have had a sneak peek of the yz125,250,400 1977 front gaurds and they are better than NEW OLD STOCK perfect. :-*

This guy is a perfectionst and will not release a crappy product as he want's his stuff spot on and he's a real nice guy.

Just tell him Adam with the YZ's sent you.  HA HA.

He's a pic of the first off YZ 1977 gaurds etc.

Also check out his blog of bikes under restoration or finshed awsome totally awsome. :o 
http://www.yz125d.blogspot.com/

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 10:22:16 am by YZ360A »