Author Topic: Stan Rose  (Read 636 times)

firko

Stan Rose
« on: August 31, 2009, 11:10:19 am »
At Nepean on Sunday Brian Clarkson informed me that former vintage racer Stan Rose passed away on Saturday night of pancreatic cancer. Long time vintage racers will remember Stan for his immaculate Rickman Montesa and Kawasaki F11m at early VMX and VDT meetings and his rapid CB77 and CB72 Honda classic road racers.
Stan sold up his Penrith printing business in the late 90s, put his bikes in storage and he and his wife embarked on an around Australia journey in a motorhome. After a few years on the road they eventually settled in Northern NSW and was enjoying retirement until being diagnosed a few years ago.

Stan was a 'life of the party' kind of bloke who loved a schooner and a yarn. He and best mate and fellow racer Paul Bastick were like the Abbott and Costello or Laurel and Hardie of vintage racing and even though he eventually swayed towards the road racing side of things, he rarely missed an MX or dirt track meeting even if it was to wave a flag or just to catch up with his mates.

My condolences go to his family and friends.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
Re: Stan Rose
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:28:36 am »
bummer!,the circle grows smaller again,also had some good times with Stan,we lost Jim Russell last week too,neat P3 triumph twin,always ready to lend a hand in the pits,condolences all round i guess,
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!