Author Topic: Italian translation  (Read 1261 times)

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Italian translation
« on: August 29, 2009, 09:26:37 am »
Hi - is there anyone out there who could translate a bike test (in Italian) into English?  Or maybe you know someone else who could?  The test runs over seven pages and I can supply both hard copy and electronic copy.  Would be willing to pay/swap/barter.  I need the translation for an article that is proposed for Issue 40 of VMX.

Thanks

Ken Smith

firko

Re: Italian translation
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 09:58:03 am »
Maybe TM Bills partner Vali can help out Ken. She's as Italian as a glass of Chianti. ;)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 11:48:24 am »
Can you not get google to translate it?
When we were in Spain for the sidecar GP and the translator spoke very good English with an Ozzie accent. I asked her where she was from and she answered from a small place in Qld. When pressed further it turned out she was from a suburb just next to us and had gone to school with my niece- no wonder she spoke with a good accent eh!!

clutchslip

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 04:21:38 pm »

PM sent.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 04:27:34 pm »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

firko

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 04:52:09 pm »
I somehow think Ken needs a better translation than Babelfish or Google. If you've ever used one of these translation services you'd realise that it's pretty basic and not up for translating a magazine article. It'd sound like Chinglish, that wonderful language used on all Chinese instruction manuals.  I've PM'd Ken with TM Bills email. Valeria would be the go I reckon.

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 08:27:09 pm »
Thanks all.

Will chase up PM clutchslip.  Mark, no PM received?

The online translations are pretty grim.  I do use them sometimes for just a paragraph or two.  The other problem is I only have scans from a magazine, I don't have 'text' I can copy, it's a jpeg image of the whole page.  And yes, you can sort of extract text from that type of scan but it doesn't work too well either.

Regards

Ken

TM BILL

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 08:33:47 pm »
Ken Email Valeria at [email protected] im sure she will help you  :) i will call her and give her the heads up Bill.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 11:08:53 pm »
Zorroz is the man for that, or just go down to Leichhardt to any cafe  with a Ferrari/Ducati poster and order a coffee ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes