Author Topic: Aussie flat track bikes  (Read 5082 times)

firko

Aussie flat track bikes
« on: September 03, 2009, 03:15:09 pm »
Just to show that the Aussies can do it nearly as well as our American flat track brothers, here's a shot of Chris Watson aboard his Godden 1000 flat tracker at last years Muswellbrook long track. He hooted.

Curly3

Re: Aussie flat track bikes
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:03:14 pm »
What an awesome beast. Talk about needing big gonads to ride various other bikes but this is on the top of the list. Great shots Firko.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 05:19:05 pm »
G'day Firko,

does any video of this exist?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

firko

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 05:56:06 pm »
G'day Firko, does any video of this exist
Not sure Hoony...I'd be up for a copy if there was one available.

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 07:35:27 am »
the bike in the back ground looks like that ducati that was entered in the battle of the tiwns at the nsw tittles on the weekend (29/30/08/09).

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 08:12:37 pm »
 Right, that's it. My eyesight is officially shot. I can't see any Ducati.... ???
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 08:41:25 pm »
Glen Macdonald used number 71, Kevin was Mr Godden for a while.
Could it be theirs?

firko

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 10:15:11 pm »
Curly, the bloke who built the big Godden died before he could race it so Chris Watson bought the bike purely on a whim to display in his shop. He was talked into racing it at Muswellbrook and the photo says it all. He beat everyone and loved every minute.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 08:30:16 pm »
wish i had been there to see Watson nail that big sucker around, bet it sounded sweet.

someone must have video of that for sure.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 09:07:04 pm »
Sorry couldn't help me self putting this in here--Its getting closer to the end of the series and believing Jason can pull the consistency out of the hat one more time. :P   8)

As the top 16 riders in the world descend upon Krsko in Slovenia for round nine of the 2009 Speedway Grand Prix World Championship on Saturday 12th September, Australian Speedway ace Jason Crump is primed to fight to the very end to win his third World Championship crown.

With just three rounds of the World Championship remaining, the pressure is now on Crump to produce a good result on the fast 387-metre Slovenian track to keep his 36-point lead in tact.

Having had below average performances at the two previous GP’s, Jason knows only too well that a good result is vital to ease the pressure on him for the remaining rounds.

“The draw for gates has yet to be done but I am hoping for a good draw.” said Crump, who has 21 Grand Prix wins to his credit. “I have had mixed results in Slovenia in the past, so it is going to be a tough night. I need to win here or at least get to the final and pick up as many points as possible.”

“I have worked hard this year and there is still a lot of hard work ahead of me. Winning races is important right now and being consistent is even more important. I will be doing my best I can assure you.”
Crump currently leads Tomasz Gollob by 36 points in the championship.
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 03:15:49 pm »
Gates and the first into Turn 1 is nearly everthing at this level.    LEts hope he gets it on..........
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 09:53:45 pm »
Hijacking again--cause I can  8)
http://www.fullnoise.com.au/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_full&news_id=5992&cfid=5557711&cftoken=46285084&dts=159200943937
Good footage and  :-*  photos

Jason Crump scored eleven points from his five heats at the Slovenian Speedway Grand Prix last Saturday night, but the World Championship leader was eliminated at the semi-final stage after finishing in third place.

Young Russian sensation Emil Sayfutdinov produced the goods on the night winning all of his seven races and in the process moved up from fourth to second in the championship chase and reduced Crump’s 36 point gap down to 26 points with just two rounds remaining.

Crump now has the pressure on him as the 2009 World Championship reaches its final stages and the 34-year old Australian must continue to rake up valuable points to keep his hopes of a third World crown alive.

“I should have done better tonight and at least got through to the final.” said a dejected Crump. “I rode well in the heats but my semi-final let me down and now I have a lot of work ahead of me at the nest two rounds to maintain my lead and win the championship.”

“If I finish in front of Sayfutdinov at the next round I will be World Champion, but if he outscores me by more than two points, then it will be a last round decider. Naturally I will be giving it everything I have at the next round and going for the win.”

Round 10 of the 2009 Speedway Grand Prix World Championship takes place at Terenzano in Italy on Saturday 26 September.
Best is in the West !!