Author Topic: question about rk chains  (Read 1974 times)

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
question about rk chains
« on: August 06, 2009, 08:13:55 am »
hi all can anyone tell me what rk chains are like. sorry to ask so many silly questions but if i dont ask i dont learn thanx all gary

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: question about rk chains
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 08:25:07 am »
Have had good experience with them from Chain Gang which is just across the road from me. Only problem was I said I needed a chain for a 650cc m/xer and he sold me the biggest thing he had in the right size which fitted a new 1200 and it was way too heavy.

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 08:35:00 am »
thanx eml ive read on other forums there not real good,glad to here someone says there good,id rather believe what i here on this forum.its a 520h for pe 175 dont race it just give it a hiding down the bush.i got it from starline motors $55 in slacks creeck se queensland.apparently they use them on there road race bikes.thanx again gary

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:16:04 am »
Always liked the Renthal chains after they came out, but had an RK 520 non or-mg on my old 77 440 Maico-and it lasted well.
Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 12:13:26 pm »
Hey Olds-kool, Startline do the did the dyno on old Wasp993 and almost doubled the HP. Ask him about it, he thought it was great. top fellow with plenty of knowledge.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 01:34:50 pm »
Nothing wrong with RK chains.
Cheers,
K

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 01:55:02 pm »
i sell heaps of RK chains no drama  ihave one fitted to my outfit has done a 2seasons and is still good

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 10:22:34 pm »
thanx every body it should last me pretty well ive never had to buy a chain before so didnt know what i was looking at just taking the word from the bike shops who all want your money.hey shoreline i bought my oneal boots from you and also my rjays helmet i think its called spyder it was the last one you had in stock when i bought it.the flat black one with the airbrushed flames spider and tattooed clown.thanx again everyone much appreciated.gary