Author Topic: Interesting Article on suerhunky.com  (Read 816 times)

TT

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Article on suerhunky.com
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 05:10:50 pm »
Great and we have just got the new 2011 green machine in the shed!!  :(  :'(
Its up to us as parents to teach our kids not to ride beyond there capabilities.
I have posted up before there are a new generation of bling kids in there 20 in Oz that have no preveas mx/vmx and enduro riding history.So statistice are going to rise,you cant keep blaming 4 stroke motorcycles all the time.Long live the American dream  ::)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 05:13:00 pm »
Interesting that he's drawn a comparison between the 4-strokes, track design and injuries.

I'd basically assumed that the relatively high number of serious injuries in Australia was due to the increased depth of competition/seriousness of the competition and due to more tracks going for big jumps impress the uneducated spectators - and that the 4-stroke thing was incidental.

There was a similar spike in serious injuries in the early-mid 1990s when the country went SX crazy.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 06:03:29 pm »
WTF that is so bias even thou I love the 2 stroke and own a modern one what a negative piece of shit really.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 05:51:15 pm »
Interseting to note also that the new KX 450 has springs ,shocks etc all set up for SX..who implemented that idea ???  looking at about $380 to take them down a peg or two.  :(
cheers A
Best is in the West !!