Author Topic: Some pics from Nudgee Classic MX  (Read 5665 times)

Doc

Some pics from Nudgee Classic MX
« on: November 18, 2007, 03:24:05 PM »
only a few pics from the early part of the day and nothing great..a migraine last night had me feeling woosy so I didn't stay long. I do have some vid footage too but it's quite shakey and the perfect indication of the operators condition. I'll get that up soon as poss.

more here
http://flickr.com/photos/suzuki_central/sets/72157603219730788/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 06:23:29 PM by Doc »

oldfart

Re: Some pics from Nudgee Classic MX
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »
Arrived just in time to perform open heart surgury on Don Thortons  Sickman ( loose nut on crank RHS )
In all the weather was great and so was the racing . Got the camera out  :) ah shit flat battery :o ... only two shots   ::)
Brad in action at the start and went on to win the race   

[attachment deleted by admin]

Doc

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 07:08:41 PM »
sorry I couldn't hang around Stew, I split pretty quick as I went downhill badly once the racing got underway. Spent the rest of the day very quietly indeed. Sorry for departing without formal goodbyes but neccessity forced the situation :-[ I'm going to have another go at this vid tonight, I got the movie onto the computer fine but there's no sound and silent VMX sucks!  ::) 

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 07:56:19 PM »
Got high on all that 2 smoke plus  all motivated as usual  ;D   Young Don  Newell a ( 74 Y/O ) was out there giving it to some of the riders half his age and not holding back at the start .

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 09:56:03 PM »
speaking of Don Newell,
he's still got it when it comes to starts!
if it wasn't a holeshot he was in the front bunch of riders and smooth as!
track was fantastic and definately one of the best surfaces you'll ever put a bike on!
if anyone is ever thinking of doing a brisbane meet, get into it and you'll have a ball!
get well soon Doc.
"flat bickie"

Doc

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 08:08:21 AM »
mmmm..the track did look soooo nice and loamy and I must admit I was green...and not kawa green..even greener!!  :-\ all better today thanks Vandy..just in time for work..oh joy  ::) have a goody

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:36:21 PM »
Nice photos Doc; I took a few but I'm having trouble loading onto the page.
Any hints?
I took a photo of two blokes doing 'open heart' on a Rickman; I'm guessing oldfart was the Surgeon in the black t.shirt?
And where was 090 - I was hoping to buy a couple of the old school stickers he was bringing along?
Were you there?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 09:17:19 PM »
Yeah Wombat, i was under the same Holden tent with Wayne (dodgey), Stew and Mark. I abbreviate the 090 with the vintage scene. My bikes run the #90. I had a great time on the weekend, even though the results didn't come for me. Brought 4 bikes and broke 3. DOH! They call me Cassanova,everything i touch, blah blah.Call me if you want some. 0417192302. Cheers,Brad.

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 05:49:24 PM »
Wombat ....try this      using your paint program ....select paint ....file ..open ...( choose picture ) open -
then top of screen  ....select image ... choose  stretch/ skew ..... reduce 50% or 25 % ----to reduce pic size below 128kb even  55kb in multi photo posts . 

back to OZvmx   type story  .... then go to bottom of page LHS    ADDITIONAL OPTIONS

open BROWSE  select picture you have reduced .. open ... it will appear as an Attach:

Then hit post at bottom of page      ( works for me )

« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:58:02 PM by oldfart »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 05:32:01 PM »
Some more pics from Nudgee, this time from Jackie Mac.

Doc

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 11:00:21 PM »
and here's a little vid..not the greatest but you'll get the general idea  ;)
I couldn't drag the sound out sadly so the best part of my camera work is missing  :-\ actually I had a better vid done and clicked save only to have my computor fatal error and dematerialize the vid into cyberspace  :o this was a quicky cause it took too bloody long the first time  ::) a little tip, click the smaller screen tab beside the volume for a better pic..large size pixelates and it's very painful on the  optics  :P

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BIcds7psG2o

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 12:04:14 AM »
Great video Doc; your movie and Jackie Macs crystal clear photos are a good record of the day.
I've given up trying to post my few photos from the event - thanks for those earlier hints Oldfart but I get lost in these things.
I tried several times but I'll have to send photos to Graeme until the Guru at work returns and can walk me through it.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

firko

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 12:30:13 AM »
What the hell was Magoo doing at Nudgee?? See 12th shot down of the laid back Magoo leaning against the fence in the background dressed in the lovely orange shirt his missus bought him last Chrissy.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:32:09 AM by firko »

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 03:09:32 AM »
they're some nice pics hey!
givin any of you fella's a bit of an idea about the track surface?
it was a great day for racing!
"flat bickie"

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 08:27:41 PM »
Wombat's picies from the day...